The Student Room Group

I have a feeling I'm going to burn in hell.

Does this ever come to you? I've been thinking about it a lot lately.

it sucks not being able to go to the "other world" and finding out what is going on there.

If Christianity is the right religion, I will burn in hell, frankly because I am not christian. even though I am a kind and loving person.

If Islam is the right religion, I will still burn in hell.
because I'm not a strict muslim.
I don't cover up, and most of all, I don't pray.

If Judaism, Hinduism etc is correct I will also burn in hell.
except i think Hinduism has re-incarnation.

Scroll to see replies

Humanity is the correct religion :yep:

I mean nobody can follow a religion perfectly, but I think God would want to us to be as good to each other as possible :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
I will also burn in hell, see you there :tongue:
Inshallah ya rab,I hope to enter paradise :redface:
Reply 4
Hi Menakshelatte,

I know it's hard to know what to believe because there are so many religions out there. But Christianity is not just another ''religion''- it's more about having a relationship with God and talking to Jesus :smile:
Well there's your answer right there; IF its true, then you will 'burn in hell'. But considering the sheer number of options, worrying is pointless. Its a lot more productive for you to just focus on developing your own morals and purpose outside of any theological restraints.
Reply 6
God loves everyone regardless of what religion
Original post by eoe
God loves everyone regardless of what religion

Debatable. Contradictions in the Qur'an imply otherwise.
Reply 8
If there is a hell then i'll also most likely end up there, if it makes you feel any better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Pack some suncream.
Reply 10
yeah but at least you dont have to pay for your gas bill

look on the bright side you miserable git
Reply 11
Original post by arkasia
pack some suncream.

lmao !!!
:d
Original post by Menakshelatte

Honestly, I personally know so many great and lovely people who will be burning in hell with me, it really can't be too bad an affair :tongue:
Reply 13

it sucks not being able to go to the "other world" and finding out what is going on there.

If Christianity is the right religion, I will burn in hell, frankly because I am not christian. even though I am a kind and loving person.

There's no requirement for non-Hindus to convert to Hinduism in any of its scriptures of authority and consequently no punishment here, in the here-after or otherwise for non-practitioners.
Original post by nucdev
There's no requirement for non-Hindus to convert to Hinduism in any of its scriptures of authority and consequently no punishment here, in the here-after or otherwise for non-practitioners.

This is why Hinduism is great.
Original post by Luciferr
If there is a hell then i'll also most likely end up there, if it makes you feel any better

Posted from TSR Mobile

You own the damned place, dude :wink:

I'm a ginger, party at yours in 80 years

See ya there :wink:
Original post by smokycat
Hi Menakshelatte,

I know it's hard to know what to believe because there are so many religions out there. But Christianity is not just another ''religion''- it's more about having a relationship with God and talking to Jesus :smile:

Amen brother/ sister!
Reply 17
oh that pun haha aced it :lol::lol:
Reply 18

John 3:16
Whilst I was raised a Christian, the idea of hell has never made sense to me. That is because, quite aside from it being seen as a horrible place, people would suffer in there for eternity.

Eternity is difficult to wrap my head around. I don't think it's even possible for us humans to comprehend what it would be like to exist for eternity.

So, let's assume that someone has committed terrible deeds during their lifetime. And let's say they reached 80 years of age. Now, they'll be tortured horribly for eternity...

No matter what someone has done, however terrible their deeds, that seems to me to be a rather disproportionate punishment. Especially if God is supposed to be loving and caring and forgiving.

And what if someone did not commit any horrible deeds, but just happened to be an atheist, or followed the wrong faith? How can that justify horrible torture for eternity?

Moreover, how could people happily go to heaven knowing that elsewhere people were suffering like that? I don't think I could be at peace knowing that...

So, all in all, I just don't believe in a hell. I think it was invented as a form of control.

Quick Reply

Latest