The Student Room Group

I am terrified of growing up

I'm 19 and I have always been scared of growing up, but the fact that I will be 20 soon just seems unreal. Does anyone wish they could just be 12 again? Also if anyone else felt like this did you eventually get over it?

Scroll to see replies

Nope, nicer to be older and not being sat in a chair at school and told what to do all day.
Ew I'd never want to be 12 again lol

And I'm 20, srsly it's not that deep. 😭

You'll be fine
Reply 3
I'm 21 in two weeks and I'm ****ting myself. Want to be 15 again :frown:
Original post by Zuki
I'm 21 in two weeks and I'm ****ting myself. Want to be 15 again :frown:

I remember first discovering RS when I was in like year 5.. Carefree days when I could just scape <3 NOSTALGIAAAA
Original post by Mpagtches
Nope, nicer to be older and not being sat in a chair at school and told what to do all day.

You do realize thats what 99% of the adult population does?
I want to be 10 again :cry2:
Careless and free.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Student403
I remember first discovering RS when I was in like year 5.. Carefree days when I could just scape <3 NOSTALGIAAAA

Ikkk! Then people would scam the little naive me and make me follow them to Zamorak so they could trim my armour :') So fun, then I'd just mine pure ess for like hours on end! And ofc train on rock crabs :colonhash: #memories :cry2:
Original post by driftawaay
You do realize thats what 99% of the adult population does?

Yeah, point taken.
But when you're older you can choose not to have to do this (e.g. I am one of the 1% which gets to think for themselves, omg what a privilege), whereas you have no choice when you're young.
Original post by Zuki
Ikkk! Then people would scam the little naive me and make me follow them to Zamorak so they could trim my armour :':wink: So fun, then I'd just mine pure ess for like hours on end! And ofc train on rock crabs :colonhash: #memories :cry2:

OMG such good memories! And then there was the king... The boss man.. The god of all gods.. TEHNOOBSHOW

[video="youtube;1ouBiBRhc9A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ouBiBRhc9A[/video]

But when you're older you can choose not to have to do this

No, you cannot just choose. If thats how it worked, everyone would do it.
I want to be 8 again :Olol
Original post by PrincessZara
I want to be 8 again :Olol

You still look 8. :cool:
Original post by Davalla
You still look 8. :cool:

had someone messaging me saying that i look 17 :s-smilie: okay then lmao :tongue:
Original post by driftawaay
No, you cannot just choose. If thats how it worked, everyone would do it.

I disagree: I think most people are just too lazy or prefer not doing the thinking.
Granted, some people really are incapable of thinking for themselves, but most just can't be arsed and take the easy but boring option.
I disagree: I think most people are just too lazy or prefer not doing the thinking.
Granted, some people really are incapable of thinking for themselves, but most just can't be arsed and take the easy but boring option.

This is not about thinking for yourself and you know that very well.
I turned 19 in october... it's December now and I'm still buying myself birthday presents, enjoyyy it!!!
Original post by samina_ay
I turned 19 in october... it's December now and I'm still buying myself birthday presents, enjoyyy it!!!

Lol, how many years have you been doing this for? :rofl:
I love how proud you are of it too :biggrin:
Lol, how many years have you been doing this for? :rofl:
I love how proud you are of it too :biggrin:

Lool many :wink: haha got to keep myself happy somehow.
Original post by samina_ay
Lool many :wink: haha got to keep myself happy somehow.

Haha, actually I once went through all of the blank "Christmas cards" in the house and liked one of them so much (it had a hedgehog on it and was like a pop-up book) that I wrote it to myself, just so I could guarantee to keep it :awesome:
(This was when I was young and my parents told me I had to send "Christmas cards" to everyone in my class, road, family etc. for whatever pointless reason!)

Shucks to be you though ... you can only be happy once per year! :console:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending