KingPaki1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, I'm currently doing my A-levels, I'm studying biology, chemistry and history, I really want to study pharmacy but I don't think my GCSEs are strong enough? I achieved 1A*,1A (Not in science,maths or English) and 8B grades. I'm looking to study at Cardiff, Bath, Manchester and Kings College London. I think my GCSEs aren't strong enough compared to other candidates I've seen apply on TSR.
kateisles
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by KingPaki1)
Hello, I'm currently doing my A-levels, I'm studying biology, chemistry and history, I really want to study pharmacy but I don't think my GCSEs are strong enough? I achieved 1A*,1A (Not in science,maths or English) and 8B grades. I'm looking to study at Cardiff, Bath, Manchester and Kings College London. I think my GCSEs aren't strong enough compared to other candidates I've seen apply on TSR.
Honestly I don't think any unis care about GCSE's except Nottingham who wanted As in Maths and English, don;t write anything off what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
KingPaki1
Rep:
?
(Original post by kateisles)
Honestly I don't think any unis care about GCSE's except Nottingham who wanted As in Maths and English, don;t write anything off what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
Biology and history I'm predicted A's, chemistry predicted a B but i'm hoping this will change to an A also after January mocks. So you don't think I will be at a disadvantage compared to other candidates?
kateisles
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Biology and history I'm predicted A's, chemistry predicted a B but i'm hoping this will change to an A also after January mocks. So you don't think I will be at a disadvantage compared to other candidates?
defintely not, I've got offers and I got ABBC at AS the most important thing is to try and get experience and do lots of research into different aspects of pharmacy
KingPaki1
Rep:
?
(Original post by kateisles)
defintely not, I've got offers and I got ABBC at AS the most important thing is to try and get experience and do lots of research into different aspects of pharmacy
Okay thank you, do you mind me asking what you got in your GCSEs?
kateisles
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Okay thank you, do you mind me asking what you got in your GCSEs?
3A*s, 7As and 2Cs
Liz94
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As long as you get A*-C no one cares at all about GCSE. I got all A*s and As and it makes no difference to anything, at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (55)
17.13%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.35%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (120)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.71%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.43%

Watched Threads