Conditional offer from University of Lincoln Watch

srosex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Yesterday i received a conditional offer to study criminology, i haven't visited the uni at all due to it being expensive to travel there from where i live. Can i please have opinions on the university and the town? What is the night life like? and is it a remotely safe place to live? Thanks.
Chloe.Cactus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, congratulations! I've received an offer too for History and I can honestly say from the open day, the university looks amazing. Firstly, the library is beautiful and well organised with a silent floor on the top which is helpful for revising for exams and there are many computers and rooms for working on presentations. I do not know much about the nightlife but the campus is only a few minutes walk to the town and I was informed that there is 24-hour security for the accommodation and the town is pretty safe. I hope this has helped at all!
srosex
Rep:
?
Yeah thanks so much that helped a lot! Ah I'm happy to hear you got an offer too!! Are you planning on going to Lincoln then or have you taken up any of your other offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chloe.Cactus
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm glad it helped Lincoln is my first choice I just fell in love when I went and other uni's just do not compare! Plus it's surrounded in History which is super helpful for me. What about you?
srosex
Rep:
?
Lincoln was my first offer so I don't know just yet. It looks like the perfect place to live for the three years of uni, but as I said I haven't been there so I can't make a decision yet, I feel like I should probably wait to see if I get offers from my other choices! What were your other choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chloe.Cactus
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah it would probably be good if you get your other offers before deciding where you want to go. But definitely look up different reviews from students to see what they say about the campus and course ( probably what you were trying to get on here). But good luck for your other choices! My other choices are Swansea, Hull, Chester and Northumbria, where have you applied to?
srosex
Rep:
?
Yeah that's what I plan to do, I can't wait! Ah that's cool, Swansea was one of my choices too as well as York, Exeter and Sussex

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chloe.Cactus
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nice! I was going to apply to Exeter but it would too far to travel home for the holidays. I just can't wait to go to uni!
srosex
Rep:
?
Everywhere I have applied besides Swansea is so far away from where I live! I'm so excited for a new start and to enjoy being away from home!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chloe.Cactus
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh wow see Swansea is furthest away for me and I've kind of dotted around the Midlands and North so it's not too far for me to go. But yeah me too and to have some independence and more freedom!
srosex
Rep:
?
Exciting. Well I hope it all goes well for you!! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chloe.Cactus
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you and I hope you get the offers you want! Good luck!
Trantoir
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had a look around the open day yesterday, and really the campus is amazing. Everything is so close together that you'll hardly spend anything on travel expenses, also it's located right next to the town centre.
I'm thinking of making them my first choice hope I helped!
srosex
Rep:
?
Thank you so much! I was supposed to attend the one yesterday but as I said it was too expensive to visit all my choices. That has helped me so much thanks a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Guardian Offices, Kings Cross, London Postgraduate
    Mon, 2 Sep '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 13 Oct '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (67)
9.9%
No I am happy with my course choice (383)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.18%

Watched Threads