OCR A Level English Literature

Watch
Nikhil Chand
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
How tough is English Literature? I am thinking of taking English Literature next September, but I fear that it may be too difficult for me to cope with. My school follows the OCR exam board and the texts studied in year 12 are 1984, A streetcar named desire and Twelfth Night. How difficult are these texts to understand and analyse? How interesting are they? Should I chose English Literature or not-would I regret taking it later on due to the workload? Do you need natural ability to do well in the exams? How many pages do you have to read each day? I think all the exams from this September are closed book, therefore I am fearing to take it. Please help.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
Nikhil Chand
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks for informing me. Where and how do you post threads?
Rhythmical
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hey. I'm with the OCR board and I'm studying The History Boys and The Bloody Chamber & Other Stories. It was harder at first as I ended up retelling stories rather than analyse them. I prefer the former book to the latter, much better in terms of context. OCR I find is quite hard, I looked at AQA's English literature and it seemed better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
7.3%
October 2021 (179)
45.09%
November 2021 (42)
10.58%
December 2021 (53)
13.35%
January 2021 (44)
11.08%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (38)
9.57%