The Student Room Group

Yeast/Methylene blue experiment

So I am doing an experiment investigating the effect of temperature on the rate of respiration on yeast.I will use record the time takes for methylene blue to change colour to colourless. I looked at other people essay and in their method they use yeast suspension. First question what the hell is a yeast suspension?!? I looked on the internet and there is absolutely nothing it just said it is yeast with a mixture of liquid lol, and how can I get or make them. I have live yeast by the way. Second thing can anybody help me come up with the method because I looked at other people methods and I really don't understand what I meant to do at all. Please HELPPPP!!!!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by jirapat121
So I am doing an experiment investigating the effect of temperature on the rate of respiration on yeast.I will use record the time takes for methylene blue to change colour to colourless. I looked at other people essay and in their method they use yeast suspension. First question what the hell is a yeast suspension?!? I looked on the internet and there is absolutely nothing it just said it is yeast with a mixture of liquid lol, and how can I get or make them. I have live yeast by the way. Second thing can anybody help me come up with the method because I looked at other people methods and I really don't understand what I meant to do at all. Please HELPPPP!!!!!

Yeast suspension is yeast that has been suspended in a solvent form, so you can add yeast solution of 1% to 99% water. 10% to 90% water etc etc.

The method is how you conducted the experiment, the steps you executed to achieve it.

What chemicals did you use? How long did you add the test tubes to the water bath? How hot was the water bath? etc etc
Reply 3
Original post by apronedsamurai
Yeast suspension is yeast that has been suspended in a solvent form, so you can add yeast solution of 1% to 99% water. 10% to 90% water etc etc.

The method is how you conducted the experiment, the steps you executed to achieve it.

What chemicals did you use? How long did you add the test tubes to the water bath? How hot was the water bath? etc etc

so for the yeast suspension do I need to add glucose or sucrose?
Original post by jirapat121
so for the yeast suspension do I need to add glucose or sucrose?

Well depends on what sugars you added it to..... :\
Reply 5
so if I don't add sugar how will the yeast respires?
Original post by apronedsamurai
Well depends on what sugars you added it to..... :\

Quick Reply

Latest