The Student Room Group

Parents Don't Let Me Wear Makeup?

I'm a seventeen year old girl and I love contouring my face putting eyeshadow on and eyeliner idk I just love makeup so much but I'm not allowed to wear it so im really down

Scroll to see replies

Try sitting down and having a talk with your parents, it might help x
Original post by girlygirl123
I'm a seventeen year old girl and I love contouring my face putting eyeshadow on and eyeliner idk I just love makeup so much but I'm not allowed to wear it so im really down

Forget make-up, study maths.
Reply 3
Original post by 09sstinson
Forget make-up, study maths.

For your information I am at an A grade in maths.
Reply 4
Original post by noor.m

Thank you doll !
i agree with second poster above.. its all in the talk. Just explain to your parents how you feel okay and i'm sure they will understand :smile:

Great. smart is the new sexy. you don't need make up
You are seventeen, you should be allowed. Discuss with your parents and ask why you can't wear it.
Good. Rid yourself from such godforsaken nonsense.
Yeah I agree with the talking to your parents. You should be able to come to a compromise at least right? If you start off with minimal and then gradually put more on, they might be more comfortable with it. But you are 17, you should definitely be allowed to put on as much makeup as you want!
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
i agree with second poster above.. its all in the talk. Just explain to your parents how you feel okay and i'm sure they will understand :smile:

How are you sure of that? :curious: parents are not gods; they are flawed human beings like the rest of us :curious: Some if not many if not most parents don't get ****.

A* is goalz :colone:
Original post by Maggie_O
How are you sure of that? :curious: parents are not gods; they are flawed human beings like the rest of us :curious: Some if not many if not most parents don't get ****.

yeah well convincing power matters.. :smile:
yeah well convincing power matters.. :smile:

How can you convince someone if, let's say, they're totally un-****ing-reasonable?

Or what if it's a cultural reason.
How can you convince someone if, let's say, they're totally un-****ing-reasonable?

Or what if it's a cultural reason.

i have changed peoples' thinking in the past which is why i believe convincing power and conversing with people can make the difference.

maybe you just have to compromise
i have changed peoples' thinking in the past which is why i believe convincing power and conversing with people can make the difference.

I never said I haven't convinced random people or mates of things :erm:
I'm talking about parents. Waving that iron fist around.
I never said I haven't convinced random people or mates of things :erm:
I'm talking about parents. Waving that iron fist around.

haha well if they dont understand even after you have put your point out there then sorry you just have to deal with it
Original post by loveleest
You are seventeen, you should be allowed. Discuss with your parents and ask why you can't wear it.

Original post by loveleest

Original post by noor.m

Original post by Sophieec98
Yeah I agree with the talking to your parents. You should be able to come to a compromise at least right? If you start off with minimal and then gradually put more on, they might be more comfortable with it. But you are 17, you should definitely be allowed to put on as much makeup as you want!

Guys my parents are really unreasonable they're not even letting me wear mascara and as I'm in sixth form now all the other girls wear makeup and I feel so left out and I just really want to wear makeup :frown:

That idea isn't very realistic in a situation where a 17 year old is trying to convince parents about something. The parents are the authority figures, will be more sure of their views (probably) and thus less likely to steer away from their arguments.
Guys my parents are really unreasonable they're not even letting me wear mascara and as I'm in sixth form now all the other girls wear makeup and I feel so left out and I just really want to wear makeup :frown:

I left you a VM hun. If it's too personal, click My Stats on my profile and select "send private message." :fyi:

Quick Reply

Latest