RK1998
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Are these exams very hard? What does 'the doing well' depend on?
I heard they are quite expensive.. but are they worth it? Has anyone done these?
RedDevil014
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RK1998)
Are these exams very hard? What does 'the doing well' depend on?
I heard they are quite expensive.. but are they worth it? Has anyone done these?
If you speak English daily it should be a breeze. The only part of the exam which i would say is slightly difficult is the reading section as it requires good time management and the questions are sometimes quite confusing.

As for how useful they are it depends on what you're doing it for. I needed to do mine cause I needed it for the universities i was applying to. I don't see why anyone would do it for any reason other than to meet a requirement.
RK1998
Rep:
?
(Original post by RedDevil014)
If you speak English daily it should be a breeze. The only part of the exam which i would say is slightly difficult is the reading section as it requires good time management and the questions are sometimes quite confusing.

As for how useful they are it depends on what you're doing it for. I needed to do mine cause I needed it for the universities i was applying to. I don't see why anyone would do it for any reason other than to meet a requirement.
I do speak English, I would say not as fluent as a British person. People say my English is perfectly fine, but my lack of confidence makes me nervous while interacting with new people making my accent so evident.
I'm quite worried about the writing honestly.

Yeah same, one of my unis is asking me for a minimum of 7.0 overall
RedDevil014
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do speak English, I would say not as fluent as a British person. People say my English is perfectly fine, but my lack of confidence makes me nervous while interacting with new people making my accent so evident.
I'm quite worried about the writing honestly.

Yeah same, one of my unis is asking me for a minimum of 7.0 overall
I don't think having an accent makes any difference, I had an accent as well. You'll be fine don't worry, getting a 7.0 isn't very difficult, I didn't really study for it cause i really underestimated it and still managed to get an 8.0 overall, so if you prepare for it, you should do fine!
RK1998
Rep:
?
(Original post by RedDevil014)
I don't think having an accent makes any difference, I had an accent as well. You'll be fine don't worry, getting a 7.0 isn't very difficult, I didn't really study for it cause i really underestimated it and still managed to get an 8.0 overall, so if you prepare for it, you should do fine!
Thank you. This actually made me consider the exam because I was thinking about choosing one of the other unis.. regardless this being 'the best uni' between my choices. Thanks again
RedDevil014
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thank you. This actually made me consider the exam because I was thinking about choosing one of the other unis.. regardless this being 'the best uni' between my choices. Thanks again
No worries, I'm glad I could help! Best of luck with your test and uni!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (79)
27.34%
England (97)
33.56%
Belgium (25)
8.65%
Germany (37)
12.8%
Spain (5)
1.73%