Disastor for Cobyn at Oldham West Watch

ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Just like that fireman union rejoining the labour party this increase in share of the vote is a disaster for labour.

I'm sure the entryist labour extremists that wanted UKIP to win to teach Corbyn a lesson will be devastated. They after all do not want to win on a left wing platform (whatever that is) even if they could. How are labour supposed to win by getting more votes? Do voters who are not Tories exist? Should labour try to win their votes? Who knows. Maybe there really are that many middle class student ultra Leftists. :rofl:
https://twitter.com/oflynnmep/status/670181064741167104

No no no no no. This is a disaster! Spin spin spinny spin spin.

anarchism101
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
PRSOM
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i can't read OPs message, but i agree with the thread title.
Llamageddon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anything that keeps corbyn at the top is a disaster for labour
KimKallstrom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You say spin spin spin like you didn't bang on about the Tories not having a majority because they only got thirty-something percent of the vote in the General Election and now you don't seem to mention that Labour just got like 25% of the vote of the people of this constituency. Sure it's a bi-election but let's have a little perspective and consistency please.

Now as for the result, don't get me wrong, it's a good result for Labour and perhaps they can build on this and it should be good for morale going forward. But don't act like it's a game changer or a sign of anything. Their only opposition was a fringe party. White UKIP types are hardly going to go Lib Dem and people whose families come from Mirpur are hardly going to vote Green. The Tories aren't a feature in that neck of the woods.

So just because the press isn't getting as carried away as you are, it doesn't mean it's spin or anything. It's a fairly OK result but not Earth-shattering, considering that Scooby Doo could be leading the party, Trigger from Only Fools could have been the candidate and Labour would have still won a majority. When Labour win a marginal seat, then we're cooking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.04%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.89%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.58%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
37.91%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.57%

Watched Threads