The Student Room Group

Girls, would you think im pathetic?

Im a sensitive guy i admit. Is this a turn off? I care a lot about everything really and always see the best in people. I say i wear my heart on my sleeve so if im upset i show it, if im happy i show it i find it difficult to hide my feelings. Do you find sensitive weak? I feel down even when a work collegue is leaving and go quiet, is this pathetic?
Honestly I think it's really cute when a guy shows they care. If people don't appreciate that then it's their problem. You shouldn't have to change for anyone :awesome:
Original post by Anonymous
Im a sensitive guy i admit. Is this a turn off? I care a lot about everything really and always see the best in people. I say i wear my heart on my sleeve so if im upset i show it, if im happy i show it i find it difficult to hide my feelings. Do you find sensitive weak? I feel down even when a work collegue is leaving and go quiet, is this pathetic?

It depends upon the girl. Some like men to be very masculine, to take the lead etc. whilst others are very happy, more happy, with an emotionally engaged guy. It's not pathetic, but if you show doubt in yourself that may be seen as such.

In my last relationship, I was concerned that showing emotion and vulnerability was a problem, that she would consider me weak or somesuch, but I think being emotionally open and sensitive brought us closer. I opened up about numerous issues etc. and even cried in front of her a few times, which led to her opening up in ways she hadn't with previous boyfriends. I worried that doing those cliche, potentially over the top, things like candlelit picnics and walks on the beach would make me look pathetic but again it brought us closer.

Having said that, she did cheat on me, but I don't think this was why.

As others have said, the most pathetic thing is changing yourself for the approval of others. I wouldn't show huge levels of emotionality initially in case you scare someone off, but once established I think it becomes a strength. Be yourself, my man, and apologise to no one for it.
(edited 8 years ago)
No girl worth your time will think you are pathetic because of that.
No, I can assure you that your traits are something most girls would value probably.
Some won't but that's the same with pretty much anything: some people like blondes, some people don't. Some people like loud girls, some don't.
So don't put yourself down just because you are sensitive and don't change in the hope for finding someone.
:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Mystery.
No, I can assure you that your traits are something most girls would value probably.
Some won't but that's the same with pretty much anything: some people like blondes, some people don't. Some people like loud girls, some don't.
So don't put yourself down just because you are sensitive and don't change in the hope for finding someone.
:smile:

Thanks, I guess as guys we are brought up to show no emotion.
But I also go back over previous conversations and interactions with people and analyze how I came across and most of the time come up with a negative view of how I came across.

No I think that is the sweetest ! I think a lot of guys try to act macho and will disguise their feelings, so I think it is refreshing when a guy is upfront with how he feels.

We are all human at the end of the day :smile:
Thanks, I guess as guys we are brought up to show no emotion.
But I also go back over previous conversations and interactions with people and analyze how I came across and most of the time come up with a negative view of how I came across.

I know but society is dumb.
Seriously, I know how it feels because I always analyse everything and it just makes you feel worse. What I have learnt is overanalysing is a waste of time because some people are just not going to like no matter how nice you are and you could be spending that time doing something better.
You wouldn't have to analyse people who are worth your time and I know it's cringey, hard and everyone says it but you just gotta wait for the right person to come along and that will happen when you stop searching too much.
Good luck!
Reply 8
I love it. It makes communicating with each other much easier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending