pineneedles
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My sixth form sent off my application today, on average, how long does it take to get offers? How long did you wait and where did you apply to?
Semaphore
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
About 9 and two-thirds of a year
oswalds
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It can vary so much depending on what course you are applying for, and at which universities. The fastest and slowest offers thread, and also the forums for individual universities may be useful to have a look at to see how long other people have been waited.

Personally I applied for History.
Applied- 4/11
Offers from Keele and Manchester- 5/11
Offers from York and Sheffield- 17/11
Offer from Birmingham- 26/11
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pineneedles)
My sixth form sent off my application today, on average, how long does it take to get offers? How long did you wait and where did you apply to?
I don't know if there is an average. Most reply quite quickly but they do not have to reply until May. It depends on where you apply and the policy for each uni. Whilst I was at a Durham open day a few years ago they explained they had 3 groups of applicants. Those they accept and those they reject quickly and a third group of maybe's. These are held until after the January deadline to give equal consideration to people applying later. The compare all these applications and people are then accepted or rejected sometime before May
lottie1998
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mine was sent off on the 19th Nov. I received an offer on the 24th from NTU. Next day, I got 3 offers (Canterbury, Solent and Derby). Literally just waiting for Ulster cause if I get an offer from there, it's my insurance. Sure you won't be waiting long, good luck
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pineneedles)
It can take anything from days to months, completely depends on where you've applied and when you sent your application off.
Randall13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is this faizan?
pineneedles
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Semaphore)
About 9 and two-thirds of a year
(Original post by oswalds)
It can vary so much depending on what course you are applying for, and at which universities. The fastest and slowest offers thread, and also the forums for individual universities may be useful to have a look at to see how long other people have been waited.

Personally I applied for History.
Applied- 4/11
Offers from Keele and Manchester- 5/11
Offers from York and Sheffield- 17/11
Offer from Birmingham- 26/11
(Original post by swanseajack1)
I don't know if there is an average. Most reply quite quickly but they do not have to reply until May. It depends on where you apply and the policy for each uni. Whilst I was at a Durham open day a few years ago they explained they had 3 groups of applicants. Those they accept and those they reject quickly and a third group of maybe's. These are held until after the January deadline to give equal consideration to people applying later. The compare all these applications and people are then accepted or rejected sometime before May
(Original post by lottie1998)
Mine was sent off on the 19th Nov. I received an offer on the 24th from NTU. Next day, I got 3 offers (Canterbury, Solent and Derby). Literally just waiting for Ulster cause if I get an offer from there, it's my insurance. Sure you won't be waiting long, good luck
(Original post by Plagioclase)
It can take anything from days to months, completely depends on where you've applied and when you sent your application off.
(Original post by Randall13)
Is this faizan?
Thanks for all the replies, I've applied to Sheff and Manchester along others, so I don't expect to be waiting ages. I'm just glad my sixth form finally sent it!

I'm not Faizan?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (229)
60.9%
No (78)
20.74%
Not sure (69)
18.35%

Watched Threads