How do gay people harm us?

Watch
Lady Comstock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Most people are only against those things that harm themselves or others. We are against murder because it ends people's lives, we are against rape because of the violation and psychological consequences, etc.

So why are people against gay people/homosexuality if they don't do them or others any harm?
SpaceMon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's not about hurt in the physical sense (Louis ck has a pretty funny joke of if it were) it's about the views of a section of society, say the views of a religion for instance, it hurts the propagation of those views to later generations.
BobbyFlay
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's obviously because of their ability to dress better than most men, a true threat to society.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Increasingly they're not against. Previously, prejudice, intolerance, poor education and repressive religion. The tide has turned, thankfully.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ignorance
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by OU Student)
Ignorance
As one may say, 'Ignorance is bliss'.
ellsie98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally, as a gay, I like to harm people with a medium sized axe.
But that's just me
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ellsie98)
But that's just me
God dammit, don't reveal the secrets of the gay agenda!
Lady Comstock
Rep:
?
(Original post by SpaceMon)
It's not about hurt in the physical sense (Louis ck has a pretty funny joke of if it were) it's about the views of a section of society, say the views of a religion for instance, it hurts the propagation of those views to later generations.
How do two gay people making love in the privacy of their bedroom in London in 2015 affect the 'propagation' of religion to a believer in Birmingham in 2030?
Lady Comstock
Rep:
?
(Original post by a noble chance)
I am not a homophobe, but didn't HIV originate in male homosexual activity?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-29442642
SpaceMon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lady Comstock)
How do two gay people making love in the privacy of their bedroom in London in 2015 affect the 'propagation' of religion to a believer in Birmingham in 2030?
Because of the links between homophobia and religious beliefs.
lucaf
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They can hurt quite a bit if they don't use enough lube
0lut0
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They disgust my eyes.
Vionar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
God dammit, don't reveal the secrets of the gay agenda!
they already know we have one, might as well tell them what they think is on there... just don't mention clause 78.
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They don't.
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ellsie98)
But that's just me
I'd personally go for a small axe, but that's just me.
username1854431
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vionar)
they already know we have one, might as well tell them what they think is on there... just don't mention clause 78.
I doubt the details of clause 78 will be known by the majority of the public anytime soon, i mean half of them don;t even know what rule 34 is...
Lady Comstock
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0lut0)
They disgust my eyes.
In their own bedroom hundreds of miles away where you can't see them? K.
ComputerMaths97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nobody has ever said "gay people harm" them :lol:

And no, people don't only hate things that harm them. I hate writing essays. They don't harm me physically (okay maybe emotionally).

On a serious note, the only thing people dislike about homosexuals is how oblivious they are to the idea of opposing views. It's the showy-offy stuff they tend to not like my guess. Nobody likes arrogant people.

I also think it's because the majority of parents wouldn't want gay children if they had the choice. There seems to be no real reason, it's just a preference. People are allowed preferences btw

Also the LGBT group are like feminists - hate on people that aren't part of their group, and only focus on how bad their lives are. Basically the bigotry that comes with the loud ones.

However most gay people don't tell the world every second, and constantly go on about how they don't care if others don't like their gay-ness in which nobody hates these types of people. Except people from older generations, because of their upbringings. Which is completely fair - one cannot change what they're used to. They can only pretend to change it.
Lady Comstock
Rep:
?
(Original post by ComputerMaths97)
Nobody has ever said "gay people harm" them :lol:
No, but we base most things we are against on what causes us or others harm.

And no, people don't only hate things that harm them. I hate writing essays. They don't harm me physically (okay maybe emotionally).
But most our laws and deep-rooted principles against things are based on the harm they cause. I doubt you would advocate essays being banned across the board.

On a serious note, the only thing people dislike about homosexuals is how oblivious they are to the idea of opposing views. It's the showy-offy stuff they tend to not like my guess. Nobody likes arrogant people.
I didn't realise gay people were a collective hive mind.

I also think it's because the majority of parents wouldn't want gay children if they had the choice. There seems to be no real reason, it's just a preference. People are allowed preferences btw
Having a gay child causes no objective harm.

Also the LGBT group are like feminists - hate on people that aren't part of their group, and only focus on how bad their lives are. Basically the bigotry that comes with the loud ones.
Again, when did gay people become a collective hive mind? It's also a flawed analogy: gay people share all sorts of beliefs and ideologies, whereas feminists share the same ideology more or less.

However most gay people don't tell the world every second, and constantly go on about how they don't care if others don't like their gay-ness in which nobody hates these types of people. Except people from older generations, because of their upbringings. Which is completely fair - one cannot change what they're used to. They can only pretend to change it.
Ah good, you acknowledge that gay people aren't a hive mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (181)
38.03%
Take autumn exams (147)
30.88%
Look for a job (16)
3.36%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.41%
Take a year out (83)
17.44%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.88%

Watched Threads