Need help/ advice

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Feeling really low due to constant family problems/ arguments at home. I am 17 and not doing well at college, I'm retaking one of my alevels i did (which i didn't do well in), i took a new one and carrying on with another one to a2. In other words, I am doing 3 years at college (in total). I am trying hard to keep it together, and do revision and stuff to improve my grades. But because of my constant down falls, I literally feel like crap, have no motivation whatsoever to do anything and can't focus, and this cycle just keeps going. The only 'distractions' that keeps me from over thinking things, and putting myself down even more is to watch movies/ series or daydream, the only way i can escape the reality i'm living. I have NOone i can talk to or trust to talk about this. I don't want things to repeat themselves like they did last year or even gcse's. My gcses weren't terrible i passed them all (even with barely any revision that i did last minute, but it wasn't want i wanted/needed. Which of course then limits my choices for university (if they are 'rigorous' on gcse results). I just don't know what to do, i hope someone can help me/ give me advice.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
I feel EXACTLY the same as you so don't feel that you're alone! If you're feeling down, please PLEASE talk to people about it- your parents and your teachers firstly so they have a better understanding of what you're going through and can give you appropriate support and as well as this it sounds like you need to see a councilor or therapist who can help you turn things around.
Please take this advice!
Good luck and I hope things get better for you
swwet aish
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Feeling really low due to constant family problems/ arguments at home. I am 17 and not doing well at college, I'm retaking one of my alevels i did (which i didn't do well in), i took a new one and carrying on with another one to a2. In other words, I am doing 3 years at college (in total). I am trying hard to keep it together, and do revision and stuff to improve my grades. But because of my constant down falls, I literally feel like crap, have no motivation whatsoever to do anything and can't focus, and this cycle just keeps going. The only 'distractions' that keeps me from over thinking things, and putting myself down even more is to watch movies/ series or daydream, the only way i can escape the reality i'm living. I have NOone i can talk to or trust to talk about this. I don't want things to repeat themselves like they did last year or even gcse's. My gcses weren't terrible i passed them all (even with barely any revision that i did last minute, but it wasn't want i wanted/needed. Which of course then limits my choices for university (if they are 'rigorous' on gcse results). I just don't know what to do, i hope someone can help me/ give me advice.
I would say is hard work brings out the best ! And yes talk to ur parents about it ! If u have passion of learning yes uu will indeed yu need not others motivation yu have to do it urself Even im in ur situation dear but my parents help with this mess ! and um so blessed to have them ! Yu just need to create urself and yes friends have a bunch who will help yu out in ur studies trust non Any help let me know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
(Original post by swwet aish)
I would say is hard work brings out the best ! And yes talk to ur parents about it ! If u have passion of learning yes uu will indeed yu need not others motivation yu have to do it urself Even im in ur situation dear but my parents help with this mess ! and um so blessed to have them ! Yu just need to create urself and yes friends have a bunch who will help yu out in ur studies trust non Any help let me know

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel EXACTLY the same as you so don't feel that you're alone! If you're feeling down, please PLEASE talk to people about it- your parents and your teachers firstly so they have a better understanding of what you're going through and can give you appropriate support and as well as this it sounds like you need to see a councilor or therapist who can help you turn things around.
Please take this advice!
Good luck and I hope things get better for you
Thank you! But the problem is I have already hinted that i needed help to my parents. But they then just say they have it hard themselves, they have to work and the only thing i need to do is go to school (even though they make me do other things too). They blame me for everything that goes wrong and are judging me calling all names under the sun (saying i'm dumb an ugly fat b*tch, a whore - even though i'm not, but i'm starting to believe it, they are constantly putting me down and i don't know how i'm going to cope any longer) and other stuff like that, i try not to show that i'm upset by what she says and it doesn't always work so i end up crying in front of my mum (mostly), then she just looks at me saying how i'm always trying to play the victim and to stop acting like a little baby (what she has always said, as long as i remember) .. and it really brings me down. 90% of why i feel like this is because of them. My mum (when she is in a good mood- rarely and when it does happen doesn't last) she says she will support me but then doesn't. Thing is at one time she is nice (like the nicest person ever) and then when she isn't, you better be miles away. I have a lot of trust issue due what i have been through with her. The thing is for me to say what occurs, you would need to 'see the whole picture', know what happened and what is happening but most of it isn't necessarily to do with me but because it revolves around me, it then affects me... if doesn't really make much sense, but a lot of stuff my mum threatened me not to tell anyone, she says what happens 'at home' stays at home, which is why if i'm to say something to a friend for example, i'm just really scared that she will find out about and god knows what would happened if she did...
swwet aish
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yu need to build up urself ! If ur doing anything stop it ! And just do exercises and make urslf active and just face them ! Dont cry they will think what they are saying is truth ! Just make ur mind !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
Yu need to build up urself ! If ur doing anything stop it ! And just do exercises and make urslf active and just face them ! Dont cry they will think what they are saying is truth ! Just make ur mind !

Posted from TSR Mobile
i wish it was as simple as that, but it really isn't. If you mean self harm in terms of cutting, no i don't. I mean i did like nearly 2 years ago (i think) once. but my mum suspected i did it, and had a go at me and saying how people who do that are stupid (she really doesn't understand). My way of sort of coping is by eating (i know weird), i'm just lucky in a way i have a high metabolic rate, so i'm skinny regardless. To be quite honest, when i started college again is September, i said things were going to be different, it started of pretty ok but then it just went downhill again! My life is just a wild rollercoaster, with only some highs and really long, deep downs. I hate to say that i have no free will and my life is deterministic, that i have no control of what is happening. But i'm starting to believe that is true because as much as i try to do things right, it always goes wrong. I'm just such a failure and it's true. Everyone knows it. The only thing that kept me going was hope, hope for the future. There was nothing else. Now i just have no hope left. I feel so hopeless. I just can't describe how bad i feel.
Anonymous #1

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have tried to build myself up, i really have. I just don't have the power to do that anymore. I feel so drained.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
Thank you! But the problem is I have already hinted that i needed help to my parents. But they then just say they have it hard themselves, they have to work and the only thing i need to do is go to school (even though they make me do other things too). They blame me for everything that goes wrong and are judging me calling all names under the sun (saying i'm dumb an ugly fat b*tch, a whore - even though i'm not, but i'm starting to believe it, they are constantly putting me down and i don't know how i'm going to cope any longer) and other stuff like that, i try not to show that i'm upset by what she says and it doesn't always work so i end up crying in front of my mum (mostly), then she just looks at me saying how i'm always trying to play the victim and to stop acting like a little baby (what she has always said, as long as i remember) .. and it really brings me down. 90% of why i feel like this is because of them. My mum (when she is in a good mood- rarely and when it does happen doesn't last) she says she will support me but then doesn't. Thing is at one time she is nice (like the nicest person ever) and then when she isn't, you better be miles away. I have a lot of trust issue due what i have been through with her. The thing is for me to say what occurs, you would need to 'see the whole picture', know what happened and what is happening but most of it isn't necessarily to do with me but because it revolves around me, it then affects me... if doesn't really make much sense, but a lot of stuff my mum threatened me not to tell anyone, she says what happens 'at home' stays at home, which is why if i'm to say something to a friend for example, i'm just really scared that she will find out about and god knows what would happened if she did...
OK. Please talk to your school nurse about what;s going on because it sounds like you're living in a verbally abusive environment and this is not healthy or good for you. You need to see someone at your school who can help you find the best solution. I wish I could give you more support but unfortunately I can't be there. BUT if you see your school nurse/guidance teacher they will definitely be able to help you sort things out. Speak out, help is always available. <3
swwet aish
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah true talk to someone whos there i wish i was there to help yu ! Dont worry im there always ! Everyone has ups and down just be strong and talk to someone dont be sensitive and scared 💕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
OK. Please talk to your school nurse about what;s going on because it sounds like you're living in a verbally abusive environment and this is not healthy or good for you. You need to see someone at your school who can help you find the best solution. I wish I could give you more support but unfortunately I can't be there. BUT if you see your school nurse/guidance teacher they will definitely be able to help you sort things out. Speak out, help is always available. <3
Thank you, however i'm not certain they have a nurse at college, and i'm abit uncomfortable talking about things like this. Specially if it could be passed on even though they may say it is confidential.
Anonymous #1
Yeah true talk to someone whos there i wish i was there to help yu ! Dont worry im there always ! Everyone has ups and down just be strong and talk to someone dont be sensitive and scared 💕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.68%
No (648)
65.32%

Watched Threads