How do value judgements influence economic decision making and policy?

Watch
Hella Pachino
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have tried to find the answer for this online but I don't get it because the explanations are way too long and they are not straight to the point and they also use many examples. I would firstly like to have a simple explanation of why value judgements influence economic decision making and policy and then some examples just so I get a better understanding. Thanks in advance..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hella Pachino)
I have tried to find the answer for this online but I don't get it because the explanations are way too long and they are not straight to the point and they also use many examples. I would firstly like to have a simple explanation of why value judgements influence economic decision making and policy and then some examples just so I get a better understanding. Thanks in advance..

Posted from TSR Mobile
A value judgement is just that - a judgement. People will judge situations differently, and their judgement of a policy, or a decision will be different. Different people have different judgements on different things, and so whilst one person may judge that a policy will help reduce debt, another may judge that it'll worsen it.

We judge economic decisions and policies differently, just like we judge people differently...
Spoiler:
Show
For future, post in the econ study help, and you'll get better responses!
Henry.m17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Decision making systemsFollowing the lead of Nobel Prize winner, Daniel Kahneman, behavioural theorists often use the two systems model to explain how decisions are routinely made.System 1System 1 is automatic and uses short-cuts to make quick decisions, often based on common sense estimates and emotional reactions to choice.System 2System 2 is a more deliberate decision making process, using conscious thinking an reflection. System 2 is much slower than System 1, and hence, in situations where a quick decision is required, System 1 is often the dominant system. While System 1 is often more convenient, it is subject to biases and errors which can lead to irrational decision making. System 2 is, however, more easily manipulated - perhaps towards decision making that is harmful to individual consumers, and to third parties.I got this from http://www.economicsonline.co.uk/Beh...g_systems.html
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (25)
22.52%
Unhappy (34)
30.63%
Conflicted (52)
46.85%

Watched Threads