Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

RHCP Live watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been to see the chilli peppers either in concert or a festival and how good were they?
    I'm asking as I can go for £40 next week but unsure if that money would be better off spent on holiday(a week later)...all veiws appreciated. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I saw them at V last year and they were excellent. Really get the crowd going too so the atmosphere's bound to be great .

ReputationRep:
    Ive seen live videos and they seem pretty average as far as live bands go, I mean, frusciante is always changing the solos and improvising, and they sound awful. He just butchered the scar tissue/californication solos..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Ive seen live videos and they seem pretty average as far as live bands go, I mean, frusciante is always changing the solos and improvising, and they sound awful. He just butchered the scar tissue/californication solos..
    You can't judge how good a bad is live from seeing them on TV. They're always going to come across worse than they do when you're actually there, partly because you're effectively listening to a recording of a recording, and partly because a lot of the atmosphere contributes to the performance, which is obviously lost watching it on TV. I was disappointed seeing them on TV before I saw them live, but you really can't compare.

ReputationRep:
    I saw them at V as well last year, and I felt a bit let down. I don't like Coldplay but they totally outshone the Chillis the next night

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - I saw them two years ago when they played London Arena. They are really good live, and tis true, you cannot judge a band's live ability by watching them on tv - you gotta be there in the crowd, soaking up the atmosphere. I'm not sure if I would pay £40 to see any single band tho really - perhaps Led Zep, but I doubt anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Im seeing them on sunday at hyde park. It is going to be amazing. My friends got us tickets in the gold section so we'll be right up front and so will actually be able to see them!
    I cant wait. it will be a great experience being part of a crowd of 80000!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foowise)
    Yeah - I saw them two years ago when they played London Arena. They are really good live, and tis true, you cannot judge a band's live ability by watching them on tv - you gotta be there in the crowd, soaking up the atmosphere. I'm not sure if I would pay £40 to see any single band tho really - perhaps Led Zep, but I doubt anyone else.
    lol i paid 55 for my RHCP tickets in cardiff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    You can't judge how good a bad is live from seeing them on TV. They're always going to come across worse than they do when you're actually there, partly because you're effectively listening to a recording of a recording, and partly because a lot of the atmosphere contributes to the performance, which is obviously lost watching it on TV. I was disappointed seeing them on TV before I saw them live, but you really can't compare.
    Yes I know this, but youre missing the point, of the guitarist changes every single one of the solos to something alot worse, Im not going to be pleased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big P)
    Im seeing them on sunday at hyde park. It is going to be amazing. My friends got us tickets in the gold section so we'll be right up front and so will actually be able to see them!
    I cant wait. it will be a great experience being part of a crowd of 80000!

I'm going on sunday too - but I'm jealous of your tickets! my friends and I are stuffed into the main area with the rest of those 80000 people! although, actually - ok you get some room to sit down on the grass if you really want to - but when the main crowd gets jumping... omg I'm so exited! it's gonna be wicked! !!

ReputationRep:
    I had the credit card in my hand, going to book the tickets in the Gold Circle and they sold out before my eyes! Then they added another date this Friday I do believe, but now I have spent the £45 on a Reading Festival ticket...that was better spent IMO. But RHCP will still be amazing, so everyone who's going will have an amazing time! I'm jealous!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Hyde Park on the 25th - I can't wait! I saw them at V last year, and thought they were good, had a fantastic atmosphere there!

ReputationRep:
    I was seriously considering going, but i decided against it as 40-odd quid is an awfull lot to pay when i'm more bothered about seeing the supports (James Brown and Stellastarr* no less) then the headliners.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.