stemmery
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys so I need to use references for the sampling method I've chosen to write about but I can't find any sources that are relevant. I've been looking on Google Scholar for any references regarding advantages and disadvantages for sampling methods but I just can't find anything?? I need at least one reference for advantages and one for disadvantages..

Where else can I look? How can I find these? Thanks!
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you looked in a research methods text book?
stemmery
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by *Interrobang*)
Have you looked in a research methods text book?
I have but I need more than one book for references so I'm looking for somewhere else
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by stemmery)
I have but I need more than one book for references so I'm looking for somewhere else
There are many research text books, so I'm sure you can find relevant stuff in another one in your uni library
iammichealjackson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by stemmery)
Hi guys so I need to use references for the sampling method I've chosen to write about but I can't find any sources that are relevant. I've been looking on Google Scholar for any references regarding advantages and disadvantages for sampling methods but I just can't find anything?? I need at least one reference for advantages and one for disadvantages..

Where else can I look? How can I find these? Thanks!
What is the sampling method used? your probably not using the right search terms to find papers.
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Outline your method. In future, choose your method, substantiated by sources, then apply it. Rather than apply it, and post-rationalise.
beautifulbigmacs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Look for academic journals that have used the same method as yourself. They may critique the methods used in their paper, thus allowing you to reference their paper in yours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (60)
40.82%
Take autumn exams (53)
36.05%
Look for a job (3)
2.04%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.72%
Take a year out (19)
12.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
5.44%

Watched Threads