The Student Room Group

MHN or Paramedic?

Hi guys :smile:

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this.

I was studying Healthcare Science, but it wasn't what I wanted to be studying so dropped out.

The original idea was Veterinary, but over time it swayed as I had issues and did not feel I was capable of doing it, but due to circumstances I can not apply to it.

After doing some research, I've concluded that I still want to go down the medical profession, and I have seen 2 courses I would love to do, mental health nursing and Paramedic science.

Unfortunately, it is proving incredibly difficult to choose between them and to get experience for either. I've loved my volunteer work with Order of Malta/St John's but I know as I, based in Northern Ireland, I will have to move over to England to study Paramedic Science.

I'm really stuck with this as I'd love to do both, but I really don't want to take another year out as I've already had 2 due to health (and a third this year for health)

Can anyone please help?

I have until 15th January to apply and it's really stressing me!!
Just out of interest, have you decided which to apply for yet? They really both very different. I'm studying paramedic science from Sept 2016!

Quick Reply

Latest