Require help with A-Levels! Watch

Chaz Kirkham
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, my name is Charlie. Needless to say I screwed up my AS subjects, achieving an E (Maths), D (Accounting), D (Business), but a D* in BTEC Law. I only have myself to blame due to my arrogance and failing to put in enough work, primarily because that's what I did with my GCSE's and come out with an A in Maths and a B in English Language. After the severe upset of my AS grades, I've begun to buck my ideas up and re-sit the AS exams for Accounting and Business, whilst continuing to study the A2 topics simultaneously (I have dropped Maths). I'm achieving A's-C's in my current assessments for Accounting, but I am struggling with Business studies as I find it very difficult to revise as it is not a specific answer based subject, like Accounting. I am also worried about my revision for my AS topics. I have read "How to Ace your A-Levels" in order to give me some ideas on how to motivate myself, although I am still struggling with the best ways to revise these subjects. Someone please help!
Hamoody
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chaz Kirkham)
Hi, my name is Charlie. Needless to say I screwed up my AS subjects, achieving an E (Maths), D (Accounting), D (Business), but a D* in BTEC Law. I only have myself to blame due to my arrogance and failing to put in enough work, primarily because that's what I did with my GCSE's and come out with an A in Maths and a B in English Language. After the severe upset of my AS grades, I've begun to buck my ideas up and re-sit the AS exams for Accounting and Business, whilst continuing to study the A2 topics simultaneously (I have dropped Maths). I'm achieving A's-C's in my current assessments for Accounting, but I am struggling with Business studies as I find it very difficult to revise as it is not a specific answer based subject, like Accounting. I am also worried about my revision for my AS topics. I have read "How to Ace your A-Levels" in order to give me some ideas on how to motivate myself, although I am still struggling with the best ways to revise these subjects. Someone please help!
The most important thing is to set up a timetable and stick to it. That way you can plan your day and how you want to divide your time between subjects. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, you should study in a group. Group study is usually more beneficial than self study. Just make sure there aren't any pizza lovers like me in the group or you'll end up gaining weight rather than revising
xsarawr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chaz Kirkham)
make revision cards!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chaz Kirkham
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Okay, thanks! Will make sure to try both of these strategies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Certifiedroadman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Get a new haircut. It'll really change your outlook on life
Certifiedroadman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I heard playing Clash of Clans helps a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (405)
18.58%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (484)
22.2%
It was TERRIBLE (253)
11.61%

Watched Threads