The Student Room Group

Duke of Edinburgh Residential

Hi, I'm looking for a residential activity for my gold DofE, but I can't find anything that I really want to do. Anyone been on a good one? I am NOT outdoorsy, though. And what about sciencey ones? Anyone been on a good chemistry/biology/physics/pharmacy/medicine one? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Science_Girl
Hi, I'm looking for a residential activity for my gold DofE, but I can't find anything that I really want to do. Anyone been on a good one? I am NOT outdoorsy, though. And what about sciencey ones? Anyone been on a good chemistry/biology/physics/pharmacy/medicine one? Thanks!

:wavey:

My Residential was going on holiday with lab members for a week (following a Nuffield placement at UCL for 6 weeks). It's not exactly something you can organise though... I just happened to be in the right place at the right time :redface:

Have you finished your Skill section? You could do a Crest Award if you're looking for a Science theme.

What year are you in? If you're in Y12 I'd recommend Nuffield Placements - they're a great way to spend your summer :yep:
I know they won't fulfill a DofE section, but if you're looking for STEM experience they're awesome :fluffy
Original post by Neuth
:wavey:

My Residential was going on holiday with lab members for a week (following a Nuffield placement at UCL for 6 weeks). It's not exactly something you can organise though... I just happened to be in the right place at the right time :redface:

Have you finished your Skill section? You could do a Crest Award if you're looking for a Science theme.

What year are you in? If you're in Y12 I'd recommend Nuffield Placements - they're a great way to spend your summer :yep:
I know they won't fulfill a DofE section, but if you're looking for STEM experience they're awesome :fluffy

I'm in S5 (equivalent to yr 12) and I heard about the Nuffield placement at school. Unfortunately it doesn't fit into my other plans for summer though. I am going to do music for my skill but thanks for the suggestions! I did a couple of Crest Awards at primary school science club :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Science_Girl
I'm in S5 (equivalent to yr 12) and I heard about the Nuffield placement at school. Unfortunately it doesn't fit into my other plans for summer though. I am going to do music for my skill but thanks for the suggestions! I did a couple of Crest Awards at primary school science club :smile:

Awh, that's a shame - good luck with everything :h:

Quick Reply

Latest