A2 AQA Chemistry Organic Synthesis practice

Watch this thread
Fruitbasket786
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So for those who are doing A2 aqa chemistry, I just want to know how people approach the memorisation of all the mechanisms for the organic synthasis chapter. Alot of other people I know of have made mind maps for each mechanism so they can navigate from one type or organic compound to another. There's alot of these online that are easily accessed, I was curious if it's worth me making my own or looking at some online.

A good example is the ChemRevise one
https://chemrevise.files.wordpress.c...-synthesis.pdf

I just want to know how others have approached revision towards this topic since it's quite large and alot to remember, what would be the best way of doing this?
kimmii97
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I just do a lot of past papers. I find that the answers keep repeating themselves over and over a lot of the time, just in different contexts so after doing a few it really gets drilled into your head. We also got given revision material for Organic Chemistry like exam questions that we can't access, theory, YouTube videos etc. For me, the best thing was to just sit down and look at it section by section until it sunk in and I could remember it all. I didn't find the maps helpful personally but if it works for you go for it! If you find one you like on the internet, I'd use that one rather than make one but if copying the information down helps you remember it then maybe make a few? Hope I've helped anyway and good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (26)
27.37%
As I expected (29)
30.53%
Harder (34)
35.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
6.32%

Watched Threads