Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    changed her name to ESTHER!!!

Madonna has changed her name to Esther as part of her conversion to Kabbalah, the study of Jewish mysticism.

In an interview to be broadcast in the US on Friday, she said that she wanted to be known by the Hebrew name Esther.

"I was named after my mother. My mother died when she was very young, of cancer, and I wanted to attach myself to another name," she said.

"This is in no way a negation of who my mother is. I wanted to attach myself to the energy of a different name."

The interview shows a mature Madonna who has put her wild days behind her. She even said she prays every day.

She admitted: "I brought a lot of chaos to people's lives, because of my selfish behaviour."

But despite this, she still insists that being a rebel is still good.

She said Kabbalah is "incredibly punk rock" and anti-establishment.

"Kabbalists believe in immortality. They believe that you can overcome death, overcome illness, whatever, so, it's incredibly good to be a rebel," she said.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    my name's esther too....but i'm not Kabbalah...

ReputationRep:
    geez

ReputationRep:
    american celebraties!!!! whatever next! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    shes bitten the psycho bug!!

ReputationRep:
    ...been singing for way too long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    How long before she changes it to a symbol?
    lol! so true, and im guessing she expects the world to adjust to whatever she changes about herself, like unimportant names that can be bought every week! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    the science behind Kabbalah is pretty way out (ie most likely to be a load of bull)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    she has all of that singing and films and sex has gone to her head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    lol! so true, and im guessing she expects the world to adjust to whatever she changes about herself, like unimportant names that can be bought every week! :rolleyes:
    the world does not revolve around madonna......oops sorry i mean..... esther!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    the science behind Kabbalah is pretty way out (ie most likely to be a load of bull)
    It just the fashionable religion of the day. Once it was buddhism, who knows what it will be next.....mormonism anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    changed her name to ESTHER!!!

Madonna has changed her name to Esther as part of her conversion to Kabbalah, the study of Jewish mysticism.

In an interview to be broadcast in the US on Friday, she said that she wanted to be known by the Hebrew name Esther.

"I was named after my mother. My mother died when she was very young, of cancer, and I wanted to attach myself to another name," she said.

"This is in no way a negation of who my mother is. I wanted to attach myself to the energy of a different name."

The interview shows a mature Madonna who has put her wild days behind her. She even said she prays every day.

She admitted: "I brought a lot of chaos to people's lives, because of my selfish behaviour."

But despite this, she still insists that being a rebel is still good.

She said Kabbalah is "incredibly punk rock" and anti-establishment.

"Kabbalists believe in immortality. They believe that you can overcome death, overcome illness, whatever, so, it's incredibly good to be a rebel," she said.
    why are so many celebs turning into kabbalah? beckham..etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    why are so many celebs turning into kabbalah? beckham..etc
    because they're trying to be cool...and being a part of an elite group will help they're status

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    Yep, lost the plot completely.

ReputationRep:
    The Esther Formerly Known As Madonna ?

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.