The Student Room Group

Potential I.B.S symptoms & possible UTI?

Good evening,

For the last week and a half, I've been experiencing loose(r) stools than normal, nothing diarrhoea or watery, just looser.
It seems to have started after eating what was a mildly greasy snack, and I'd eaten some prior (around about three-four months prior).
I woke up early hours of the following morning experiencing what felt like a sharp pain in the centre of my stomach and it was relieved by a couple of rennie. I thought too myself that it was probably just the greasy food I'd eaten late in the evening prior and it just took a bit longer to digest.

Anyway, since this - I've become more aware of this and now worry about what I am eating. I do occasionally have dull aches after eating, however it feels more like a wind feeling than a 'I need to go to the loo immediately' feeling. The dull aches occasionally feel like they're in my lower back; however - its nothing out of the ordinary as I usually sit with an arched back so it could just be that.

Also; for the last few days I've been experiencing what feels like I'm not fully emptying my Urethra after urinating, now when I go - its certainly not painful, it did have a slight cloudiness to begin with, but that has since receded. (Please see below for further clarification)

Also (and I appreciate there is a similar forum section on this), but my girlfriend and I had unprotected sex for the second time (having been together for 14 months and always worn protection), without wishing to sound disrespectful to her, but could I have contracted something which could have caused a possible UTI and caused me to experience my recent bowel changes?

Sorry for the essay; I am booking an appointment at my local GP - so I'm not using this forum as an alternative, just as a first stop to see if anyone has experienced anything similar?

As I sit here; i've got the dull achey feeling in my lower stomach/just above the groin, but it feels like trapped wind.

Its fairly disconcerting as up until now, I've not had any other problems.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending