Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Chemsitry Edexcel A level students watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey i was wondering what do you guys get when you do unit 4, 5 and 6B as mocks? in percent....
    i dont do very well
    i get between 50% and 60% for unit 4
    about 60% unit 5
    and 60-70 % unit 6B
    anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    anyone else care to share?

ReputationRep:
    dont worry i get abt the same, mostly around 70%, depending on how good the paper is. in unit 4 i think i got 67%.....71% in unit 5 !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med1)
    dont worry i get abt the same, mostly around 70%, depending on how good the paper is. in unit 4 i think i got 67%.....71% in unit 5 !
    that much better!
    im aiming for a C, what are you aiming for?

ReputationRep:
    i have all of unit 4 and 5 to learn yet :rolleyes: does it take long?
    I have biology on tuesday also so thats a pain

ReputationRep:
    im aiming for a B! in fact i HAVE to get a B (got a conditional offer)! i got units 4,5,6 to learn as well. AND bio 4,5,6!!!! wish me luck.....!

ReputationRep:
    hey same!! what board bio u doing?

ReputationRep:
    edexcel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misty)
    i have all of unit 4 and 5 to learn yet :rolleyes: does it take long?
    I have biology on tuesday also so thats a pain
    i guess it doesnt take long to learn but it requires concentration which i lack!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med1)
    im aiming for a B! in fact i HAVE to get a B (got a conditional offer)! i got units 4,5,6 to learn as well. AND bio 4,5,6!!!! wish me luck.....!
    good luck!!! my friend is doing bio as well!
    she did unit 4 in jan she got 88% nerd! shes really good at bio! she has units 5 and 6!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med1)
    edexcel!
    thank god for edexcel but they screw you over with the exam timetable

ReputationRep:
    im supposed to b revising now ..but i keep getting distracted!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med1)
    im supposed to b revising now ..but i keep getting distracted!!!
    me too! i cant concentrate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    good luck!!! my friend is doing bio as well!
    she did unit 4 in jan she got 88% nerd! shes really good at bio! she has units 5 and 6!

88%!!!!! wow! im aiming for an A in bio but i dnt know..unit 4 option i really dnt like.

yeh the time table is soo weird!! its like they all cramped in one week then u get one week wid no examz at all!! cant wait till 29th june!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med1)
    88%!!!!! wow! im aiming for an A in bio but i dnt know..unit 4 option i really dnt like.

yeh the time table is soo weird!! its like they all cramped in one week then u get one week wid no examz at all!! cant wait till 29th june!!!!!!
    yeah shes good at bio! got an A at AS, hehe im boasting for her!
    i cant wait til the 29th either!!!

ReputationRep:
    u get any plans for the holidays that keeps u going thru the examz?? i jus keep telling myself on the 29th i can chuck all my chem/bio/maths work away and neva look at it again!! lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med1)
    u get any plans for the holidays that keeps u going thru the examz?? i jus keep telling myself on the 29th i can chuck all my chem/bio/maths work away and neva look at it again!! lol.
    my mums agreed to take me shopping in the next town! yeey!
    and ican throw all those books away!
    plus i got awedding to go to.. my cousins i gotta go shopping for clothes! hehe
    and might be going to brazil for the hols!! ohh dunno yet!

ReputationRep:
    I got D's in my unit 5 and 6 mocks which I was pleased with considering I had not really learnt it yet let alone revised. I'm aiming for a B in chemistry. Even with the D I got in unit 4 in jan (which im retaking) I need 103 out 210 to get a B overall.

i have all of unit 4 and 5 to learn yet does it take long?
    It doesnt take that long to revise chemistry but biology takes ages.
    There's just so much of it.

How annoying is it that unit5 chem has synoptic questions in it? If it didnt I would have the a 3 day weekend to revise the rest of the syallbus. At least we use most of the AS stuff in a A2 chem unlike biology.

..unit 4 option i really dnt like
    which option are you doing? We do microbiology which isnt the most interesting topic and I have to do it all again as my teacher talked me into resisting cause I got 77/100.

I haven't had any biology mocks cause my teacher can't be bothered! I need an A in biology if I get a B in chem.

Ah well, should get back to revising as I've got 6 lovely exams(S2, 2 chem + 3 bio) in 4 days next week. Oh joy. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    high 80's ...
    aiming for A's in phys AS and Chem and pure math Alevles

i should never have taken more than 2 full a levels in a year ... so stressed and i still have 7 exams left ... all of em hard ones ... apart from p2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    hey i was wondering what do you guys get when you do unit 4, 5 and 6B as mocks? in percent ...
    80 - 90 %

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.