The Student Room Group

What would actually happen if terrorists blew up Parliament?

What the initial aftermath be?
How would british politics change if it would at all?

(NOTE: This is not a thread meant to incite violence against the political elite; just a discussion on what might happen)

Scroll to see replies

1. Depends who did it.
2. Politics would be done in an underground bunker from then on..........

But either way you might be watching too much 007.
Guy Fawkes would be resurrected , legit.
Reply 3
perhaps all the real terrorists would be killed?
[video="youtube;1jV2Mjc_kkY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jV2Mjc_kkY[/video]
Reply 5
Original post by hugo13

Don't do it mate
Original post by Plagioclase
[video="youtube;1jV2Mjc_kkY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jV2Mjc_kkY[/video]

Yeah, I was thinking of this movie...
Reply 8
Someone would be waking up to a bucket of Nuclear Sunshine.
Reply 9
Original post by hugo13

I used to work in Westminster; have any of you seen the security in that area? There's an army base just down the road from the palace of Westminster, ffs.

lol at anyone even thinking they have a snowflakes chance in hell.
Well done you just sound like you're giving them ideas...
We'd see a lot of our civil liberties destroyed as a raft of emergency powers are declared by the Privy Council, and a whole wave of paranoia among the public. Whichever group did it, or was suspected of doing it, the section of society they claim to represent would be vilified, persecuted and oppressed.
British resolve and stoicism would kick in. Emergency measures already in place would be implemented and both Government and country would continue. At this time the Head of State (reigning Monarch) will take center stage to ensure calm and continuity whilst the emergency measures are executed.

In other words the message to the terrorists from the British would be "We keep calm and carry on. Democracy and freedom will prevail and terrorism will always fail."

The task of questions, answers, lessons and response will then begin. The incident would likely cause the international community to rally. The task of taking down the terrorists will continue with much more impetus on homeland security with less tolerance for those who reject our values of liberty, equality and egality.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hugo13

Woah man u be deep
Reply 15
It would depend on the scale of the attack, who died, who was responsible, if it was a very big attacking killing the PM, cabinet, opposition etc it could kick off big time because of the political instability that would follow
the posh people will have to get a real job like everyone else...
Original post by gladders
We'd see a lot of our civil liberties destroyed as a raft of emergency powers are declared by the Privy Council, and a whole wave of paranoia among the public. Whichever group did it, or was suspected of doing it, the section of society they claim to represent would be vilified, persecuted and oppressed.

It's far easier to say 'civil liberties' or type it, i should say, against the reality of the situation, which is probably that we do not have real civil liberties unless we pay a lawyer to argue that we have them. If civil liberties cost money to avail, ie via lawyers, can it be said that civil liberties are even real?
Reply 18
Original post by Little Popcorns
Well done you just sound like you're giving them ideas...

Lol I'm sure they're on TSR reading this.
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
I used to work in Westminster; have any of you seen the security in that area? There's an army base just down the road from the palace of Westminster, ffs.

lol at anyone even thinking they have a snowflakes chance in hell.

I second this. During my work experience I went through so many security checks and there was security throughout the place. There would be very little chance, particularly for an outsider, to be successful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending