The Student Room Group

How do you not care what others think?

How do you do it?
Original post by Eggs20
How do you do it?

No effort really
Original post by Eggs20
How do you do it?

Just think and think more about how vast the universe is and how small we are, and how nothing we do really matters. I do this if I ever have to speak in front of people or during exams, it really helps calm you down to the point where you don't care what happens or what people think anymore!

It's a little negative but hi, it works :laugh:
Reply 3
Don't let your anger boil over and don't crack under the pressure.
Reply 4
Original post by Doctor_Einstein
No effort really

What you do?
Reply 5
The irony me giving you this advice, when I don't take it myself.

I'd suggest just ignoring everything negative people say about you. It's difficult, but you'll eventually learn life is just too short to care what everyone thinks of you.

Why not just distract yourself? Keeping yourself busy all the time? Surrounding yourself with just positive vibes. At the end of the day, those who you want in your life are those who matter.

I hope this helps.
Reply 6
Original post by ubisoft
Don't let your anger boil over and don't crack under the pressure.

Are those egg puns?:redface:
Reply 7
Original post by rhiifuu

I'd suggest just ignoring everything negative people say about you. It's difficult, but you'll eventually learn life is just too short to care what everyone thinks of you.

Why not just distract yourself? Keeping yourself busy all the time? Surrounding yourself with just positive vibes. At the end of the day, those who you want in your life are those who matter.

I hope this helps.

Thanks. I'll try. :smile:

I used to not give a **** what people think and I don't even know how- it just came naturally to me. :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Eggs20
Thanks. I'll try. :smile:

I used to not give a **** what people think and I don't even know how- it just came naturally to me. :frown:

Sometimes, we can't take it for too long. I sure do now that feeling.

I hope all works out for you! Have a nice day :smile:
Ensure that your self-worth exists independently of what anyone else thinks of you
Other people aren't worth me caring what they think. I am better than them.
Just remember that no one died thanking God that they cared about what people thought and followed the crowd, plus people who judge you aren't happy, no self assured, positive person judges others so it's really not worth caring about what they think as they clearly have their own problems that they are trying to offload onto you, don't take it!
Realise an opinion is just an opinion. Someone's **** is their own ****. If I judge you then it won't affect you because my judgement is just my judgement. It'll affect me more than it affects you because it shows I'm letting you get to me. At the end of the day you can carry on going about your life and doing what you're doing because you're doing whatever you're comfortable with. If anyone has anything to say against it then it's them and only them who you're making uncomfortable by doing what you're doing. You do you.

For me personally, I have A LOT of people who judge me and throw their opinions of me at me. I probably ask for it half the time because I'm loud, stubborn and I like having my own way. My own way rarely is a good thing. It's easy to judge me because I live my life according to how I want to live it. I do what I wanna do because at the end of the day I answer to me and the things I do only affect me. (I keep my family out of the ****ty parts of my life so what I do doesn't affect them.) I don't let opinions get to me because I know people don't know ****. EVERYBODY will have an opinion, but only a minority will speak theirs. Each and every individual will have an individual opinion about you and the things you do and that opinion will be based on their own individual lives and how they do the things they do. They won't like how you run your life because it's not how they run their life. Once you can understand this it becomes easy to let go of opinions because then you properly realise that someone's opinion is essentially just a projection of themselves which they express using you, their target. Opinion isn't fact. There are obviously some people you can trust. For me, I mostly only listen to my mum, my sister and my fiance because mum is always right, my sister took after my mum (I took after both thank god), and my fiance reminds me a lot of my sister in the way he thinks and deals with things. But other than that I ignore the vast majority of people who think it's okay to tell me what they think of me. I even argued with my psychiatrist a lot when I saw him the first time because I didn't agree with his opinions of me. :colondollar:
Reply 13
It just happens as you grow up. You realise that you are in control of your emotions, actions and who you hang around with etc.
Reply 14
Don't rely on others for validation, as far as possible.
Original post by rhiifuu

I hope this helps.
sometimes the negative stuff can be worked upon and may be legitimate if a rude criticism.

learn to understand the difference between insults and criticism. after that feck them.
It is your life. YOU(EMPHASIS) are supposed to do whatever the **** you want with your life. If you are here you want to get good with women.

Do you want to be the lousy old mother****er who didn't take risks in his life and tells people "this could have been if I had done this, if I had done that" or do you want to live your life to the MAXIMUM, take risks and enjoy your life, and be the guy that ****ing enjoyed his life and lived a life full of joy? You make the choice.

Why care if you get embarrassed? Who cares? Stop being self-conscious. There is no reason to be. All the people who look down on people are puppets of a society that is formed to discourage any black sheep or "weird" scenarios.

Only difference is, they try to escalate themselves by looking down on PEOPLE WHO ENJOY THEIR LIVES. "If a loser can not do what he wants, he will try to discourage bosses and make everyone live the lousy boring ass life he lives to escalate his own worthiness."

Go out and do WHATEVER THE **** YOU WANT.

Word.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
sometimes the negative stuff can be worked upon and may be legitimate if a rude criticism.

learn to understand the difference between insults and criticism. after that feck them.

True, sometimes people are just being nasty in general. Then, the common excuse of "You can't take criticism."

I'm sure OP will know whether people are being legit when it comes to constructive criticism,
Reply 18
Idk. Never have

Quick Reply

Latest