Coronation of next monarch to be 'less British'

Watch this thread
Straighthate
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
*title shoudl say less christian

i honestly dont think there is such thing as a British culture anymore, its just a large a mix of cultures

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...in-says-report
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Straighthate)
cultural marxism at its finest LMFAO

i honestly dont think there is such thing as a British culture anymore, its just a large a mix of cultures

I think you should read that report rather more carefully. It doesn't say the coronation should be "less British" at all. It says the ceremony "should reflect a less Christian Britain".

Given that Britain is overwhelmingly secular, and that only a minority hold on to outdated superstitious beliefs, this seems entirely reasonable.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
it is time that these stuffy old customs were given a right Royal shake-up.

i think that a bonfire should be made in the aisle of Westminster Abbey and the Chosen One should jump through it to affirm the importance of Wicca in today's Britain.
limetang
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by the bear)

i think that a bonfire should be made in the aisle of Westminster Abbey and the happy couple should jump through it to affirm the importance of Wicca in today's Britain.
Happy couple? We're talking about a coronation not a wedding.
Straighthate
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by the bear)

i think that a bonfire should be made in the aisle of Westminster Abbey and the happy couple should jump through it to affirm the importance of Wicca in today's Britain.
lol, its about time the egyptian deities returned
sebek shall make his triumphant return once again
the bear
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by limetang)
Happy couple? We're talking about a coronation not a wedding.
maybe job-sharing would be a modern twist to this cobwebbed institution
RadLightDistrict
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
We should have some Brazilian samba dancing before inaurgurating a gay Atheist transgender Muslim man as the new Queen.
the bear
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by RadLightDistrict)
We should have some Brazilian samba dancing before inaurgurating a gay Atheist transgender Muslim man as the new Queen.
as long as he had enough issues :yep:
RadLightDistrict
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
lol, its about time the egyptian deities returned
Maybe all except for ISIS though
william walker
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
What they mean is less Anglican. To be honest this is when civil wars start.

cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
*title shoudl say less christian

You appear to be confusing "less Christian" with "less British".

As we are an overwhelmingly atheist nation, with less than 1 in 6 people claiming to believe in God, "less Christian" actually implies "MORE British".
william walker
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cole-slaw)
You appear to be confusing "less Christian" with "less British".

As we are an overwhelmingly atheist nation, with less than 1 in 6 people claiming to believe in God, "less Christian" actually implies "MORE British".
Anglicanism is the state religion. It doesn't matter what the people are, the state is Anglican. So it must be an Anglican ceremony for an Anglican Monarch. The secularist politicians should stay out of it.
Jibola240
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Is this really necessary?
cole-slaw
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by william walker)
Anglicanism is the state religion. It doesn't matter what the people are, the state is Anglican. So it must be an Anglican ceremony for an Anglican Monarch. The secularist politicians should stay out of it.
Yeah, its time we got rid of that, its a stupid and offensive anachronism. Why should the royal family have to pretend they're religious? The rest of us don't have to. They must feel like such hypocrites.
william walker
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cole-slaw)
Yeah, its time we got rid of that, its a stupid and offensive anachronism. Why should the royal family have to pretend they're religious? The rest of us don't have to. They must feel like such hypocrites.
Because it is an institutions of the state. It would be like getting rid of the House of Commons.
cole-slaw
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Because it is an institutions of the state. It would be like getting rid of the House of Commons.
We could do that too, if we wanted to. We should certainly get rid of the house of lords asap.

House of commons could just be renamed the "house of greedy and immoral careerist politicians, sponsored by Chinese cements, you know where you are with Chinese cements. To suggest a government policy, please call Dave and have your credit card ready. Cost is £100,000"
RadLightDistrict
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
What they mean is less Anglican. To be honest this is when civil wars start.

*snip*
M8, that's 4 ******s, listen to sum real classical music

william walker
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
M8, that's 4 ******s, listen to sum real classical music

Spoiler:
Show
I do listen to this.
RadLightDistrict
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
I do listen to this.
So peak yo

It's actually a top tune.
william walker
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
So peak yo

It's actually a top tune.
Makes me think of the Zidane goal in the champions league final and a Ryan Giggs goal against Juventus in 2003.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (109)
68.13%
No (33)
20.63%
I didn't use it to prepare (18)
11.25%

Watched Threads