Turn on thread page Beta

How was Edexcel PHY5 ? watch

ReputationRep:
    VERY easy in my opinion .. What did you guys get for the polarity & direction of the current ?

ReputationRep:
    I thought morning exams started at 9:00... ? How can you have done both papers in less than half an hour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    timezones?

i've just done unit 5! i finished at 9:50, and didn't do unit 4, cos i did it in jan.
    i thought it was good. for the polarity of the coil, i got South and the current flowing in a clockwise direction though the coil.
    Yep me too .. I did PHY4 too though (other thread:P)

We started PHY4 at 9 am local time, thats 5 am UK time ... Quarantine ended at 7.30 am UK time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adelz)
    VERY easy in my opinion .. What did you guys get for the polarity & direction of the current ?
    Using left hand rule and right hand grip rule respectively?

ReputationRep:
    No one starts the thread for PHY4?
    It is harder, i think

ReputationRep:
    hey,
    what did you get for the velocity in Q2 in Physics4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RussianDude)
    hey,
    what did you get for the velocity in Q2 in Physics4?
    what was the question like?

ReputationRep:
    i made a thread for physics 4 , lets post there...

ReputationRep:
    It was all pretty easy. The coil was going to have a north pole at the top because of lenz's law - the current will try to stop the magnet getting nearer to it so it will repel it so the top of the coil will be a north pole.

ReputationRep:
    anticlockwise current

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    It was all pretty easy. The coil was going to have a north pole at the top because of lenz's law - the current will try to stop the magnet getting nearer to it so it will repel it so the top of the coil will be a north pole.

Right....... !......... paper was pretty easy on the whole... but i think i may have made some stupid mistakes here and there.....lol......wish phy1,2 had been just as easy....lol

ReputationRep:
    What did u guys get for the period of the moon.....27.9 days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [_Z_])
    What did u guys get for the period of the moon.....27.9 days?
    2 sf
    so 28 days

ReputationRep:
    1st question..... why wont he see a spectrum if he uses the laser from the cd for the double slit experiment.... is it because the wavelength does not lie in the visible region of the em spectrum???

ReputationRep:
    1st question..... why wont he see a spectrum if he uses the laser from the cd for the double slit experiment.... is it because the wavelength does not lie in the visible region of the em spectrum???
    yeah thats why u need a detector

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [_Z_])
    different paper i think

ReputationRep:
    different paper i think
    it is unit 4 actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RussianDude)
    it is unit 4 actually
    what is this thread called?

ReputationRep:
    How was Edexcel PHY5 ?
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    Is this a question in the paper?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.