The Student Room Group

Insurance problems

Hi guys,

I am wondering something, which annoys me personally. I am an apprentice ICT Technician working in a few schools and also a part time delivery driver, using a company van. I am a 19 year old male as well.

Can someone tell me why my insurance is so high for my car? I have a 2002 Ford KA,1 years no claims discount and still my insruance is around the £1100 mark. For a better car, such as a clio is around £5000, excluding the car, I mean it is ridiculous. It makes me wonder how "boy racers" who drive suped up silly cars can afford to drive their cars, when it looks like they have no job as all they do is race around McDonalds and Tesco car parks all day.

Hope someone has an idea.

Reply 1
its silly young men like that that stole my organs and tissue
Reply 2
anyone wanna come maccies and smoke some roadmen at the lights?
Original post by Martinez96
Hi guys,

I am wondering something, which annoys me personally. I am an apprentice ICT Technician working in a few schools and also a part time delivery driver, using a company van. I am a 19 year old male as well.

Can someone tell me why my insurance is so high for my car? I have a 2002 Ford KA,1 years no claims discount and still my insruance is around the £1100 mark. For a better car, such as a clio is around £5000, excluding the car, I mean it is ridiculous. It makes me wonder how "boy racers" who drive suped up silly cars can afford to drive their cars, when it looks like they have no job as all they do is race around McDonalds and Tesco car parks all day.

Hope someone has an idea.

Welcome to the world of insurance.
Some peoples parents buy them cars, pay towards insurance etc. So that's how they can afford decent cars.
Also- I don't want to generalise, but I bet that some of the boy racers haven't declared all the modifications that they seem to have either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending