Unconditional Firm Offer. What are my options? Watch

genericname12365
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I got an Unconditional Offer from University of Lincoln for Comp Sci (Keep in mind I have not completed my A Levels and got an invitation into Lincoln's unconditional offer scheme) and have firmed it, but I'm just wondering if I get better grades than expected can I switch to my insurance conditional offer on results day (University of Leicester, Computing). Leicester is a more reputable university (not that Lincoln's bad). I didn't firm Lincoln on a whim, I honestly think it looks like a great university and the league table rankings show it's not bad but if I can go to a University that is objectively better, I'd rather go there. I also understand that you must contact via phone (typically) the University if you want your unconditional revoked. Keep in mind this question is not about being released into clearing, it's specifically about switching to my insurance choice on UCAS.

EDIT: Seems like it's not possible and you can only be released into clearing with an unconditional.

Thanks for the replies.
DylanJ42
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JQLeitch)
So I got an Unconditional Offer from University of Lincoln for Comp Sci (Keep in mind I have not completed my A Levels and got an invitation into Lincoln's unconditional offer scheme) and have firmed it, but I'm just wondering if I get better grades than expected can I switch to my insurance conditional offer on results day (University of Leicester, Computing). Leicester is a more reputable university (not that Lincoln's bad). I didn't firm Lincoln on a whim, I honestly think it looks like a great university and the league table rankings show it's not bad but if I can go to a University that is objectively better, I'd rather go there. I also understand that you must contact via phone (typically) the University if you want your unconditional revoked. Keep in mind this question is not about being released into clearing, it's specifically about my insurance choice on UCAS.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think you're going to Lincoln next year no matter what
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JQLeitch)
So I got an Unconditional Offer from University of Lincoln for Comp Sci (not bad) and have firmed it, but I'm just wondering if I get better grades than expected can I switch to my insurance conditional offer on results day (University of Leicester, Computing). Leicester is a more reputable university (not that Lincoln's bad). I didn't firm Lincoln on a whim, I honestly think it looks like a great university and the league table rankings show it's not bad but if I can go to a University that is objectively better, I'd rather go there. I also understand that you must contact via phone (typically) the University if you want your unconditional revoked. Keep in mind this question is not about being released into clearing, it's specifically about my insurance choice on UCAS.
You can't have an insurance if you have an unconditional firm. Once you have firmed an unconditional, all your other offers disappear back into the pool to give to other applicants. They aren't yours for life. By firming an unconditional you have also waived your opportunity to enter adjustment, because you cannot exceed conditions that don't exist. Your only option is to ask Lincoln to let you go into clearing and take your chances there, which is a slow and risky process.
Bluebells60
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you've firmed Lincoln the only way out is to speak to them and see if they will release you although they don't have to for you to get a chance with your insurance choice...have you chosen within the last seven days as you can contact u as if you are within this time to change it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
genericname12365
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks for the quick replies :P. I'm not that fussed on it, I'm very glad I got an unconditional from Lincoln.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?