The Student Room Group

Mature students with really old previous UCAS applications

Do any of you fellow mature students know if it's necessary to declare previous (like, 10years ago!) UCAS applications.

The reason I'm asking is that I was astudent long ago but mucked it up royally and didn't finish course so am not a graduate and have no qualification from it.

All in all it's not a period of my life I like to dwell on, lets just say I had numerous personal problems at the time.

I'm ashamed and don't want potential future unis to think I'm a total flake:frown:
Reply 1
don't bother mate!
Reply 2
MetalA
don't bother mate!

Do you mean don't bother applying or don't bother trying to hide the past?
No, it won't be necessary. I applied through UCAS in 04/05 and quit a week in. I'm applying again this year. It isn't an issue as you're required to start a new application and as far as they're concerned, you're a new student so it doesn't count.
Reply 4
Ilora-Danon
No, it won't be necessary. I applied through UCAS in 04/05 and quit a week in. I'm applying again this year. It isn't an issue as you're required to start a new application and as far as they're concerned, you're a new student so it doesn't count.

Thanks!:biggrin:

That's made me feel better, and is the fact-based constructive advice I was looking for!:wink:
You're welcome! Glad to be of 'real' help :wink:
Reply 6
Evenstar
Do you mean don't bother applying or don't bother trying to hide the past?

I mean don't bother trying to hide the past! Why would I say don't bother applying, I don't even know you. Don't give me a neg rep for being helpful enough to reply to your post...
Hey Evenstar :smile:

Welcome back to uni, great to see more older members here on TSR :cool:

You'll love it, uni is great but keeps you on your feet pretty much all the time!! I had like 2 years off:redface: Which is why I'm slightly older, but tbh I don't feel the difference anymore coz most of my classmates are 21 which is only 2 years younger than me so it's hardly noticeable.

Which uni are you going to :smile:

I'm at the Australian National University in Canberra.
Reply 8
MetalA
I mean don't bother trying to hide the past! Why would I say don't bother applying, I don't even know you. Don't give me a neg rep for being helpful enough to reply to your post...

Sorry - I misunderstood you're meaning, it wasn't very clear what you meant.
Reply 9
danni_bella
Hey Evenstar :smile:

Welcome back to uni, great to see more older members here on TSR :cool:

You'll love it, uni is great but keeps you on your feet pretty much all the time!! I had like 2 years off:redface: Which is why I'm slightly older, but tbh I don't feel the difference anymore coz most of my classmates are 21 which is only 2 years younger than me so it's hardly noticeable.

Which uni are you going to :smile:

I'm at the Australian National University in Canberra.

I don't know which uni for definite but as I can't move away from home it's going to have to be York/Leeds/Bradford/Hull or any others near to those.:redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending