No offence to straight men, but why are the hot men gay? Watch

LALAL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
why?

All the straight men are such douche bags and misogynist......!!!
Gay men tend to be so good with women. They understand our struggle...!
DiddyDec
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No offence... But.

The most meaningless way to start a sentence, almost as bad as "I'm not racist... But".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends what you define as hot. If you mean the corporate view of what's hot. i.e a man looking more like a woman then yes, Since you spend your disposable income on hair and skin products etc.
Katiecartwright
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think all hot men are gay, that's a bit silly. I think sometimes when you're attracted to someone and you find out they're gay it sticks in your mind because they're completely unattainable and we all like the things that we can't have- hence why you have a skewed perception of the portion of gay men you've met that you find attractive. Also, I feel like gay men (although I'm not one and don't claim to have any expertise) don't have the same level of competition for masculinity as there is between straight men because they're not vying for the same "objective"- i.e fundamentally presenting themselves as "alpha" to attract women. I think there is a blurry line among young men between what is dominant and what is being a douchebag. Also, gay men who are outed when they are young are often wrongfully bullied and pushed out of friendship circles: lots of the gay men I know will associate with groups of primarily women so it makes sense for them to be more compassionate around them.
Rorschach II
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
All I need to do is look at myself in the mirror to think that...
O$car
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
making a serious generalization there!

not all straight men are misogynist, just like not all gay men are feminists
eoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Katiecartwright)
I don't think all hot men are gay, that's a bit silly. I think sometimes when you're attracted to someone and you find out they're gay it sticks in your mind because they're completely unattainable and we all like the things that we can't have- hence why you have a skewed perception of the portion of gay men you've met that you find attractive. Also, I feel like gay men (although I'm not one and don't claim to have any expertise) don't have the same level of competition for masculinity as there is between straight men because they're not vying for the same "objective"- i.e fundamentally presenting themselves as "alpha" to attract women. I think there is a blurry line among young men between what is dominant and what is being a douchebag. Also, gay men who are outed when they are young are often wrongfully bullied and pushed out of friendship circles: lots of the gay men I know will associate with groups of primarily women so it makes sense for them to be more compassionate around them.
Hey

I am gay and very masculine. When you are a masculine and gay then it becomes even harder to come out because no one assumes you are gay.
I disagree with the idea that gay men do not express the same level of masculinity because they are not lusting after females. For example, sorry if I may hurt someone, but effeminate men are big turn off for me. I am only into hardcore masculine men just like me. So masculinity is a big thing.

I agree with the point about better understanding with females. I have better undertanding with females.
StrawbAri
Badges: 17
Report 3 years ago
Gay people on average are more fabulous than straight people
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (67)
15.8%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (43)
10.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (80)
18.87%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
14.39%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (46)
10.85%
How can I be the best version of myself? (127)
29.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise