Keishasearle
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm wanting to go into law at university and I heard history was a good A-Level to do.

I did it at GCSE and I didn't enjoy it but still got a good grade in it so I don't know whether to do it at A-Level?
jamestg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Keishasearle)
I'm wanting to go into law at university and I heard history was a good A-Level to do.

I did it at GCSE and I didn't enjoy it but still got a good grade in it so I don't know whether to do it at A-Level?
What units are you doing currently, what units are done at your sixth form at A-level and what grade are you working to get?
sadly
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by keishasearle)
i'm wanting to go into law at university and i heard history was a good a-level to do.

I did it at gcse and i didn't enjoy it but still got a good grade in it so i don't know whether to do it at a-level?
honestly no i hate it biggest regret ever
Keishasearle
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I got a B last year in history. The units we did was Germany and America and Britain after the war

Our six form does:

Stuart Britain and the crisis of monarchy 16031953

Revolution and dictatorship: Russia and the Soviet Union 1917-1953

And historical enquiry

Posted from TSR Mobile
jamestg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Keishasearle)
I got a B last year in history. The units we did was Germany and America and Britain after the war

Our six form does:

Stuart Britain and the crisis of monarchy 16031953

Revolution and dictatorship: Russia and the Soviet Union 1917-1953

And historical enquiry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you thought about taking another A-level, like Politics?

While a B is a very good grade, the GCSE units are much simpler and the A-level breadth studies are in more depth than a GCSE depth study. Hopefully that gives you an idea of what it's like...

If you're motivated and determined, I don't see why not. But I got a really high A (A*s in all my units) at GCSE and I'm struggling with it even though I am determined to get a good grade in in.

Politics is a great A-level for law, much easier and much more interesting!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (687)
33.88%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (863)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (387)
19.08%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.49%

Watched Threads