Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://education.guardian.co.uk/stud...239388,00.html

This survey suggests that after a few years of graduation most people will get graduate jobs and earn more than none graduates, it also suggests that this is rising.

What do you think? If its reliable its certainly good news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    http://education.guardian.co.uk/stud...239388,00.html

This survey suggests that after a few years of graduation most people will get graduate jobs and earn more than none graduates, it also suggests that this is rising.

What do you think? If its reliable its certainly good news.
    I think that your drive and determination is a far larger factor than your education over the longer term. Graduates jump in higher up, but I feel that it's still possible to start in a company doing say data entry, move to be a 1st line supervisor, then management then up. A degree means a lot to an employer, but 10 years management experience means more.
    My last job (gap year) there were many graduates doing data entry for £7ph with no determination to ever go further. It showed in their lifestyles as well. One woman was 36, living with her parents, and some cats, 2:2 degree and was stressing as she couldn't afford to run a car.

What is more interesting is to see how this changes in future. Current students will be going up against non-graduates with experience when hunting for the best jobs. Will the non-graduate career path still be possible? Only time will tell.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but it many industries you don't even get a look in without a degree.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.