The Student Room Group

Best unis for nightlife

I've applied for:
Bangor
Huddersfield
Leeds
York
Wolverhampton

which is best for nightlife to make the most of uni life?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WelshLamb
I've applied for:
Bangor
Huddersfield
Leeds
York
Wolverhampton.

I'm a party animal so which is best for nightlife to make the most of uni life?

Why is this even a question? Leeds is by far the best on that list for nightlife...Also the second best uni, just behind York.
I've applied for:
Bangor
Huddersfield
Leeds
York
Wolverhampton.

I'm a party animal so which is best for nightlife to make the most of uni life?

Is this a trick question?

Probably not Bangor.
I've applied for:
Bangor
Huddersfield
Leeds
York
Wolverhampton

if nightlife is a big factor in your decision avoid Bangor
Reply 4
I go to Leeds uni, it is absolutely crazy. Expect way too many parties to choose from (I always get freaking confused ffs), and amazing nights in warehouses, if you are into that kind of ketty fun. I personally am, they are LEGENDARY.
Don't bother going to university if you're just going for nightlife. That's not the right attitude at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by annarchy.
Don't bother going to university if you're just going for nightlife. That's not the right attitude at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Excuse me. I'll have you know I'm not going just for nightlife. However, it does come into account when looking at universities. Hence the question. Don't judge and be bitter when you don't even know the story.
Original post by dori7205
I go to Leeds uni, it is absolutely crazy. Expect way too many parties to choose from (I always get freaking confused ffs), and amazing nights in warehouses, if you are into that kind of ketty fun. I personally am, they are LEGENDARY.

Who even takes ketamine in clubs? That's just silly
Reply 8
Original post by ubisoft
If you choose a uni because of nightlife then you are a kcunt.

Haha. Don't be stupid. It's a factor of my decision not the only reason. Do not jump to conclusions, especially how you don't even know me or my ambitions.
The word nightlife doesn't exist in Bangor. I've been there and it's fairly remote apart from pubs. But it is really pretty.

Leeds is by far the best in terms of nightlife.
Excuse me. I'll have you know I'm not going just for nightlife. However, it does come into account when looking at universities. Hence the question. Don't judge and be bitter when you don't even know the story.

Not sure how you reached the conclusion that i'm bitter haha.
should be the course and the outcomes that directs your choice tbf but if you wanna go through uni with 2:2's because you intend to go out numerous times per week then ok lol.
Reply 11
I've applied for:
Bangor
Huddersfield
Leeds
York
Wolverhampton

lol mate, def dont go to York if you want nightllife
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Who even takes ketamine in clubs? That's just silly

Silly anyway
I've applied for:
Bangor
Huddersfield
Leeds
York
Wolverhampton

Would you describe yourself as a #duttymember?
Reply 14
should be the course and the outcomes that directs your choice tbf but if you wanna go through uni with 2:2's because you intend to go out numerous times per week then ok lol.

thanks for the advice m8

Asking how she reached conclusions then proceeds to draw conclusions about a persons future from a simple question about nightlife. Okay...

Anyway to actually answer you I would say definitely Leeds. It's known to be one of the best student cities.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by HyperIntake
Asking how he reached conclusions then proceeds to draw conclusions about a persons future from a simple question about nightlife. Okay...

Anyway to actually answer you I would say definitely Leeds. It's known to be one of the best student cities.

She* hahaha but thanks :wink: and yeah, Leeds is looking good. Obviously i look at the course and environment of the university etc but night life also comes into perspective. Thanks :smile:
She* hahaha but thanks :wink: and yeah, Leeds is looking good. Obviously i look at the course and environment of the university etc but night life also comes into perspective. Thanks :smile:

Woops sorry haha
Nightlife was an important factor for me as well when I chose my uni, and I am not getting 2.2's but firsts. I wanted a real nice university experience, and I think I got it. My course is amazing, the city is amazing, and there are plenty of opportunities to let myself go and have a nice night out. And do not say your nights out are not full of ketty students and those who are high on mdma.
Reply 19
I've applied for:
Bangor
Huddersfield
Leeds
York
Wolverhampton

Leeds by far from what you've listed. What kind of nightlife are we talking though? Regular clubs or music etc?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending