champ_mc99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Last academic year I took core ict and applied ict meaning I did the double award. But why does it say 3 GCSE's on my GCSE certificate?! I did Edexcel btw.
champ_mc99
Rep:
?
BUMP
champ_mc99
Rep:
?
BUMP...
Firenze26
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by champ_mc99)
Last academic year I took core ict and applied ict meaning I did the double award. But why does it say 3 GCSE's on my GCSE certificate?! I did Edexcel btw.
Are you sure you only took those two GCSEs that year? Because there's other courses like Core Science and stuff that only takes 1 year. Maybe those are also included in your result.

There's also GCSE equivalents that counts for two GCSEs so maybe that's what you're doing for one of your subjects so you got three GCSE grades overall.
Alexion
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Think you gotta ask your school...
champ_mc99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alexion)
Think you gotta ask your school...
They don't even know
Alexion
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They don't even know
Tried emailing edexcel about it?
champ_mc99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Firenze26)
Are you sure you only took those two GCSEs that year? Because there's other courses like Core Science and stuff that only takes 1 year. Maybe those are also included in your result.

There's also GCSE equivalents that counts for two GCSEs so maybe that's what you're doing for one of your subjects so you got three GCSE grades overall.
Yep. These GCSEs I took last year in year 11. And these are actual GCSEs not equivalent.
Holmstock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you look here:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co..._Spec_2012.pdf

It says on page 1 (printable page 7) that units 1 and 2 give you a single GCSE; and units 1-4 give you a double award. It says on page 67 (printable page 73) that marks for units 1 and 2 remain available for the double award. So presumably the three GCSEs on your certificate show the grade for the single GCSE (units 1 and 2) and the result for the double award (units 1-4 combined). Seems a bit pointless to claim 3 GCSEs on a CV though since they are all in ICT.
champ_mc99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Holmstock)
If you look here:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co..._Spec_2012.pdf

It says on page 1 (printable page 7) that units 1 and 2 give you a single GCSE; and units 1-4 give you a double award. It says on page 67 (printable page 73) that marks for units 1 and 2 remain available for the double award. So presumably the three GCSEs on your certificate show the grade for the single GCSE (units 1 and 2) and the result for the double award (units 1-4 combined). Seems a bit pointless to claim 3 GCSEs on a CV though since they are all in ICT.
Thanks but I'm still confused. Units 1-4 give me the double award. Is that on top of the single award from units 1-2 or the overall?
Holmstock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks but I'm still confused. Units 1-4 give me the double award. Is that on top of the single award from units 1-2 or the overall?
Me too! Perhaps it is for those people who get an A* on units 1&2 but only a C grade for units 1-4 combined, so that they can point to the certified A*? If you think it would be useful, you could ring Edexcel about it.
champ_mc99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Holmstock)
Me too! Perhaps it is for those people who get an A* on units 1&2 but only a C grade for units 1-4 combined, so that they can point to the certified A*? If you think it would be useful, you could ring Edexcel about it.
Yeah I have emailed them yesterday. They say it takes 5 days for a reply. They better stick to their word . But yeah thanks Bro.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Having read through the posts is sounds as though you have 1 GCSE and a double award GCSE but together they only count as 2. In the same way that an AS doesn't count if you also have the A level in the same subject, as the single GCSE is part of the double award you can't count them both.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
27.5%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (3)
7.5%
No I am happy with my choice (23)
57.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
7.5%

Watched Threads