The Student Room Group

Charterhouse

Hey, I've been offered a place to Charterhouse . I'm doing the ib. Has anyone been to Charterhouse and has any suggestions?
Reply 1
Hi! I've also been offered a place at Charterhouse and I also plan on doing the IB! However, I applied for a scholarship, which is still pending. What do you plan on studying?
Cool! I plan on studying maths, physics and history as higher level and French, English and Economics as standard.
Original post by ludovicomatildi
Cool! I plan on studying maths, physics and history as higher level and French, English and Economics as standard.

I'm at charterhouse ATM (first year IB), I do HL maths, bio, and chem, and my SLs are same as yours. Your SLs shouldnt cause too much trouble, but French teaching here is slightly useless (At least my teacher is), economics and english are quite easy SL. I do maths HL, and indeed it is quite hard, almost half the class already dropped out during the first term (dont think anymore will drop out now though). To do HL maths well you'll need to be genuinely good and interested in maths. Good luck!!!
Original post by Xiuchen
I'm at charterhouse ATM (first year IB), I do HL maths, bio, and chem, and my SLs are same as yours. Your SLs shouldnt cause too much trouble, but French teaching here is slightly useless (At least my teacher is), economics and english are quite easy SL. I do maths HL, and indeed it is quite hard, almost half the class already dropped out during the first term (dont think anymore will drop out now though). To do HL maths well you'll need to be genuinely good and interested in maths. Good luck!!!

I'm actually scared for French, what's the level you need to have?
Reply 5
What makes you say French is pretty useless?
Funnily enough, I'm applying for a hopeful late space in January! (haha)
Original post by ludovicomatildi
I'm actually scared for French, what's the level you need to have?

You don't need to be that good! Just knowing the basic vocab and grammar will be fine i think :smile: And HL isnt too bad, you just have to study literature which SL doesn't need.

Quick Reply