Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have ANY idea what happens if one misses exams through illness, such as i am today, having got the doctors note and phoned school a few days ago... is it based on mocks, predicted grade, previous performance in other modules... or what...
    And missing a Forces Fields and Energy resit as i am, will they automatically take the mark that i got on the original sitting, or acknowledge the fact i was goin to resit n mayb bump me up.. i have no idea that might be outrageous!
    Complicated questioning any input is appreciated im baffled!
    Luke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YorkshirePhoeni)
    Anybody have ANY idea what happens if one misses exams through illness, such as i am today, having got the doctors note and phoned school a few days ago... is it based on mocks, predicted grade, previous performance in other modules... or what...
    And missing a Forces Fields and Energy resit as i am, will they automatically take the mark that i got on the original sitting, or acknowledge the fact i was goin to resit n mayb bump me up.. i have no idea that might be outrageous!
    Luke
    I'm not sure to be honest Luke... all I know is that when I missed an exam in January through not being well, I just got an X on my statement of results where my score should be, and am now sitting the exam in the summer instead. I would guess as you've already sat the module once they'll keep your existing score rather than fabricate a new one, although perhaps if you apply for special consideration it may be different. Have you asked your school?

ReputationRep:
    Luke
    yh, they definately look at your mock result.basically your teacher would predict a suitable grade and the mock would be like back-up evidence to the examiner. dont worry!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my mum spoke to them, by the sounds of it.. they didnt really know either, but personally i think ur right about taking the 1st one, although i dont think thats right, else why wud i be resittin it lol, stupid exam board! Anyway thanks, if anybody else has anything, i cud listen all day got no exams to goto!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my mum spoke to them, by the sounds of it.. they didnt really know either, but personally i think ur right about taking the 1st one, although i dont think thats right, else why wud i be resittin it lol, stupid exam board! Anyway thanks, if anybody else has anything, i cud listen all day got no exams to goto!
    I know, it doesn't really seem fair does it! I resat an exam last week whilst very ill with tonsillitis and think I did badly - but my original sitting was also bad as it was the day I moved house and I was really preoccupied with that, so I don't think I have much chance of getting any special consideration either I hope it works out for you and I hope you feel better soon. Do you need grades for uni or anything, or could you resit again in January?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its for Uni, iv got tonsilitis aswell, pretty typical i woke up about 10 oclock feelin alot better, n 2moro i think i will be nearly well enuf, my mocks wernt the best so i hope they compare them to my predicted grade aswell, anyway its pretty much out of my hands, ill goto results day not worried, cos i will have no idea what to expect, thanks alot for your support anyway, anybody else is welcome to pamper me with information!
    Luke

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.