Turn on thread page Beta

decision on monday OCR,MEI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    does ne 1 no wot 2 revise 4 dis exams i avnt started yet and i woz jus wanderin wot i should revise, n has ne 1 got notes on sortin algorithms?????, hola bak ppl.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also doing this exam on Monday. I find it really annoyingly difficult to get hold of D1 revision material on the net and the MEI textbook is just pants. The best I can currently find is this. I don't find the algorithms to bad, for me the hardest parts are either Critical path analysis or Linear programming.

ReputationRep:
    i dont get the selction with interchange sort algorithm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kam130)
    i dont get the selction with interchange sort algorithm?
    Interchange Algorithm is as follows:

(The original data is unordered)

1) The smallest number in the list is found and interchanged with the first number in the list.

2)The smallest number excluding the first one (which has already been sorted) is found and interchanged with the second number.

3) This is repeated until the list is sorted.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    hey i got this exam for the 3rd time lol...i think im gona need at least 70 to get an A overal in maths..i just pray for a nice paper or else i will be pissed!! good luck every1 whose takin it.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question: I noticed the textbook contains searching algorithms, however I don't remember being taught this. Was this due to an omission by a teacher, or is it no longer in the specification?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Quick question: I noticed the textbook contains searching algorithms, however I don't remember being taught this. Was this due to an omission by a teacher, or is it no longer in the specification?

Cheers.
    Which algorithms are those?

ReputationRep:
    r der normally the same questions every year???

ReputationRep:
    r der normally the same questions every year???
    There's not as much consistency as with say, pure or stats but more or less I'd say they were along the same sorts of lines each year.

ReputationRep:
    so cumon ppl, ive got friday, sat, wit 9 hours work on those dayz put together and da whole of sunday 2 revise, ho well dya rekon i could do, wot shall i revise ppl, plz help, i wana C, can it b dun, post bak ppl!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    Which algorithms are those?
    Binary and linear search.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Binary and linear search.
    We got taught those in passing, but I've never seen them come up in any past papers. Although I don't know if they're in the syllabus or not, they're quite straightforward so it might be worth learning them just in case.

ReputationRep:
    in the book, wot chapters are most improtant to revise?

ReputationRep:
    in the book, wot chapters are most improtant to revise?
    Not sure about the chapters but the following topics you need to know:

Simulation
    Linear Programming
    Algorithms (Bin Packing, Interchange Sort, Bubble Sort, Insertion Sort, Quick Sort, Shuttle Sort)
    Graph Theory
    Networks (Minimum connector problem ie Kruskal's and Prim's algorithms)
    Dijkstra's algorithm for the shortest route
    Critical path analysis

ReputationRep:
    ne1 done the nov 03 paper its bloody impossible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay9386)
    ne1 done the nov 03 paper its bloody impossible
    It wouldn't be too bad if it wasn't for that LP formulation thingy on the last page. That really is quite awful.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.