The Student Room Group

Assignment Help - Univeristy Undergrad Level 2

I've been staring at this problem for a couple weeks now, done all the background reading, and tried to just improve the logic in general but I've really got nowhere.

The idea is to use LaTex to turn a 'scrappy proof' into a result of professional quality,
I haven't started typing it up in LaTeX because I haven't seen the point of typing it up without first knowing what I'm to type up...

There's even a "HINT" at the bottom, But I'm just not really sure what do with it

I know it's something to do with the second to last calculation line but I can't really grasp what to do, Any suggestions at all are welcome!

scrappy-version-2.pdf
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Saltash15
I've been staring at this problem for a couple weeks now, done all the background reading, and tried to just improve the logic in general but I've really got nowhere.

The idea is to use LaTex to turn a 'scrappy proof' into a result of professional quality,
I haven't started typing it up in LaTeX because I haven't seen the point of typing it up without first knowing what I'm to type up...

There's even a "HINT" at the bottom, But I'm just not really sure what do with it

I know it's something to do with the second to last calculation line but I can't really grasp what to do, Any suggestions at all are welcome!

scrappy-version-2.pdf

Difficult to know what to suggest - I presume this is assessed.

I'd start by working through it and making sure I understood everything there in detail. Is everything well defined? Do I understand how they went from one step to another? Is it even correct?

What do you mean you're not sure what to do with the hint? Do you not understand it? Or just not know how to fit it into the LaTex'd version?

When you fully understand it, then what goes into your final document should be clear.

Alternatively, since you've not even started it, just start LaTex'ing and check you understand what you're putting in as you go along. You'll have to go back and edit multiple times, in all likelihood, but so what.
Reply 2
I have no idea what I am supposed to do with the hint, I'm currently latexing it basically all the way up to the line I presume is the line in question but I'm having no luck.
Original post by Saltash15
I have no idea what I am supposed to do with the hint, I'm currently latexing it basically all the way up to the line I presume is the line in question but I'm having no luck.

The hint only serves to aid understanding how one line came about - the line with the blue writing. Compare the start of it with the line before, and see what's changed.

Don't really want to comment further, if this is assessed.

Quick Reply

Latest