The Student Room Group

How does one demonstrate a work-life balance at interview?

So I was wondering how one would demonstrate a work-life balance at a medicine interview? Obviously listing your extramural activities will seem simplistic and some context is needed, but how is the best of going about this? :s-smilie:

Can someone give an example of an appropriate response for a certain extramural activity? :redface:

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Just showing that you do other stuff alongside studying, I guess. It's important to have downtime/relaxation in a stressful course and job such as medicine.

Do you have hobbies etc? Stuff like making time to see friends, do sociable things is important too for maintaining a work-life balance. You could talk about how you manage your time well due to being organised etc.
Do you do work.

Do you do things that aren't work alongside doing the things that are work.

Congratulations, you now have a work-life balance.
Reply 3
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Just showing that you do other stuff alongside studying, I guess. It's important to have downtime/relaxation in a stressful course and job such as medicine.

Do you have hobbies etc? Stuff like making time to see friends, do sociable things is important too for maintaining a work-life balance. You could talk about how you manage your time well due to being organised etc.

Thank you for you're help, this is one that really gets to me since it was the reason for my interview rejection last year even-though I believe I mentioned all these ideas. I may just have to develop them more. Thanks! :smile:

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Do you do work.

Do you do things that aren't work alongside doing the things that are work.

Congratulations, you now have a work-life balance.

Haha thank you for that! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending