The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham, York or Lancaster for Business (Management/Studies)?

have applied to study Business (management/studies) at Durham (AAB), York (AAB), Lancaster (AAB), UEA (ABB), and Liverpool (ABB).
I have received offers from all, but I'm yet to receive on from Durham and have a bit of dilemma. I have decided that I am going to make UEA my insurance but I'm unsure of what to make my firm. I love the look of Lancaster and it seems to be a very good uni, however, it isn't RG. Is this a problem?
As well as this, I'm unsure if York, being a RG makes it any better than Lancaster, which is far beyond York in the league tables.

What I want to know is, in your opinion, should I firm Lancaster, York (or Durham if I receive an offer)?

Thanks for any help and assistance you can provide
Reply 1
I’m going to just bump this up so people see this and respond. Actually curious myself
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by mnaj123
have applied to study Business (management/studies) at Durham (AAB), York (AAB), Lancaster (AAB), UEA (ABB), and Liverpool (ABB).
I have received offers from all, but I'm yet to receive on from Durham and have a bit of dilemma. I have decided that I am going to make UEA my insurance but I'm unsure of what to make my firm. I love the look of Lancaster and it seems to be a very good uni, however, it isn't RG. Is this a problem?
As well as this, I'm unsure if York, being a RG makes it any better than Lancaster, which is far beyond York in the league tables.

What I want to know is, in your opinion, should I firm Lancaster, York (or Durham if I receive an offer)?

Thanks for any help and assistance you can provide

Hi there @mnaj123. Glad to hear you chose Durham as one of your choices!

I understand it can be daunting to choose between universities. I personally used various means to identify which university worked best for me. Taking various factors into account like university ranking for my specific course, scholarships available, course structure and employability prospects helped a lot.

Belonging to a Russell Group university sure is something that students think might look fancy, but it honestly depends on the employers in your particular field. For eg, in law, law firms tend to ignore which university the students come from in order to have a more diversified cohort because ultimately your talent matters the most. You might want to talk to some people in the business field and potential employers you fancy and ask them what sort of preferences they have in terms of university rankings, if any.

Also, talking to current Business Management students at all three universities can be helpful as they can give you a better idea of what the course is actually like at their university and whether not being a Russel Group uni has put them at a disadvantage of any sort.

Overall, Business Management is a good course and Durham is one of the popular choices in the UK for it. It will never hurt to choose it as your firm but at the same time, don't feel pressured not to choose other universities just because they aren't Russell Group.

Hope that helps! Good luck with your application :wink:

-Himieka (Official DU Rep)
any more views for Business management at York or Lancaster? which uni is better?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending