GCSE Results Watch

This discussion is closed.
giddylid1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hello.
This sounds really weird but I keep having this recurring thought that I have failed my exams.... . Is this happening to any body else? Also...... does any one know how many points you get for each grade and how many points you need to get into college on average??
Me scared :eek:
Ta
Lyd
ƒlå®è®
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by giddylid1)
Hello.
This sounds really weird but I keep having this recurring thought that I have failed my exams.... . Is this happening to any body else? Also...... does any one know how many points you get for each grade and how many points you need to get into college on average??
Ta
Lyd
Overall i think you just need 5 A*-C's to get into college. Which should include english and maths and maybe science.

As for points i think.....

A/A* = 3 points
B = 2 points
C = 1 point

I think sometimes only university's ask for a special amount of points and not colleges.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ƒlå®è®)
Overall i think you just need 5 A*-C's to get into college. Which should include english and maths and maybe science.

As for points i think.....

A/A* = 3 points
B = 2 points
C = 1 point

I think sometimes only university's ask for a special amount of points and not colleges.
Five Cs at GCSE including Maths, one English and one Science is all that is needed I beleive, though universities are often intrested in your GCSE grades they do not usually use these for entry requirements
AllergicToFairydust
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hello.
Ta
Lyd
Please don't scare me.....I'm already have nightmares.

No wait that wasn't a nightmare...oh no that means

My Mum and The Head Of Year 11 are going to be standing right next to me when I open my results.

Oh well if I fail English, the HOY11 (her subject and my teacher) will be able to offer a quick death!

BTW I am NOT joking, My mum phone the school and My Mum and Head of Year are going to herd me into HOY office so I can open my results...sad or what?
giddylid1
Rep:
?
(Original post by a_musical_gal)

My Mum and The Head Of Year 11 are going to be standing right next to me when I open my results. ...BTW I am NOT joking, My mum phone the school and My Mum and Head of Year are going to herd me into HOY office so I can open my results...sad or what?
Its not sad, it just shows how much your mum cares about you.
Lyd
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_gal)
Please don't scare me.....I'm already have nightmares.

No wait that wasn't a nightmare...oh no that means

My Mum and The Head Of Year 11 are going to be standing right next to me when I open my results.

Oh well if I fail English, the HOY11 (her subject and my teacher) will be able to offer a quick death!

BTW I am NOT joking, My mum phone the school and My Mum and Head of Year are going to herd me into HOY office so I can open my results...sad or what?
I wouldn't want my parents there at any results day, it's not them that have worked for it, it's a time to be with your mates who have been the ones to go through it with you.

My dad won't be told of my A-Level results until he gets a phonecall off me from school.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Don't worry about failing, you can always do retakes.

A friend of mine failed all his GCSEs - i.e. he got 11 D-Gs. The following year, he visited each department in his school, and retook 6 of his favourite GCSE subjects - allowing him to concentrate and work hard on things he likes. I think he got something like 4 Cs, a B and an A. He's now finished the Sixth Form and he's waiting for his A-level results.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hello.
Ta
Lyd
Points for each grade are:-
A* 8 points
A 7
B 6
C 5
D 4
E 3
F 2
G 1
U NIL!
giddylid1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Unregistered)
Points for each grade are:-
A* 8 points
A 7
B 6
C 5
D 4
E 3
F 2
G 1
U NIL!
ok then...
Thanks
Lyd
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
Five Cs at GCSE including Maths, one English and one Science is all that is needed I beleive, though universities are often intrested in your GCSE grades they do not usually use these for entry requirements
English not one of your strong points
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
English not one of your strong points
Actually, it is. I acheived an EP in English in the SATs, and an A* in my school's mock mocks.

But there are much more important things than completely accurate grammar, especially on internet forums. Many great writers did not use fully accurate grammar deliberately. Grammar is a very small part of English, understanding literature and being able to speak it fluently and in an articulate fashion are more important.
giddylid1
Rep:
?
Thanks for all your help
If you look at the sticky thread about gcse results,mine are there.
Lyd
elisabeth_rb
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
True, they don't, but most will look for at lesat grade C in English and Maths and there are some subjects which need a subject a GCSE if not offered at A level.

I didn't know there was a points score for GCSEs! New to me. Wonder how many I've got then....
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Some universities care more about A-levels though.

My Results 2000
GCSE Art and Design - D
GCSE English Language - D
GCSE English Literature - D
GCSE French & Business - F
GCSE ICT - E
GCSE Mathematics - F
GCSE Music - E
GCSE Science - EE
GCSE Technology - F

My Results 2001
GNVQ Intermediate ICT - Merit
(retake) GCSE English Language - D
(retake) GCSE Mathematics - F

My Results 2002
(retake) GCSE Mathematics - F

My Results 2003
AS-level English Language - E
AS-level Media Studies - B
A-level English Language - E
A-level Media Studies - D
AVCE ICT (double) - BC
(retake) GCSE Maths - E
(retake) GCSE Technology - E
(retake) GCSE Art & Design - U (280 UCAS points)

Conditional Offer met at Essex University (just)
guest1987
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
though universities are often intrested in your GCSE grades they do not usually use these for entry requirements
Uni's have to look at your GCSE results because you haven't recieved your A level grades when you apply. They can rely on you predicted grades but anything can happen.
Unregister
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i thought that they didnt use points anyore to get into the best college in my area u only have to get 4 B's in any subjects to get in
AaLiYAh
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregister)
i thought that they didnt use points anyore to get into the best college in my area u only have to get 4 B's in any subjects to get in
lol i was like tht 2 yrs ago u sad ppl chill out man i thought if i fail it wud b seriously the end of the world 4 me buti didnt which i a different story and unis dunt give 2 ****s bout gcse seriously as long as u get 2 do ur a levls and dnt waste time on them gnvq and get into uni!! ur fineee coz wot u do in uni matters sort of! not wot u do in gcse or a levels coz ur gna specialze in uni which ur gna make a career from so take my advice and remebaa ...lol....ur all gonna fail hahahmuhahamuhah FAIL I SAY FAIL..IM JOKIN UR NOT UR GNA PASSS AND IF U UDNT URALL GONA GET WHIPPED
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (204)
12.73%
Excited (139)
8.68%
Worried (291)
18.16%
Terrified (363)
22.66%
Meh (144)
8.99%
Confused (35)
2.18%