Turn on thread page Beta

killer bees vs hornets watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i was watching nature programes in my spare time ysterday and i saw a programme about those africanised killer bees. i was wondering if they are as vicious as theyre made out to be then would they stand a chance against japanese hornets? assuming that 30 japanese hornets can decimate a hive of thousends of normal bees in under and hour. just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    Both species should be extinct. Evil things. Ugh, nasty nasty nasty! I too have seem a programme about africanised bee's in Mexico and USA and they are horrifying. The way they get so aggresive...makes me shudder! (I have a phobia of bees and wasps)

What are Japanese wasps like? I've never heard of them.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest we organise a battle.

MB

ReputationRep:
    i saw a pink wasp once(i can't remember if it was completely pink) - i'm sure it was in the Seychelles or Sri Lanka - but someone said they were deadly

ReputationRep:
    pink wasp???? thats weird but still kinda cute!!! heehee

ReputationRep:
    eheeheh - it was pink and yellow , or pink and yellow and black - i ran quite far away from it, far too big for my liking lol

ReputationRep:
    http://bluenewt.keenspace.com/images/wasp1.GIF

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    http://bluenewt.keenspace.com/images/wasp1.GIF

MB

hey the picture doesn't work :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    hey the picture doesn't work :confused: :confused:
    It's working for me

MB

ReputationRep:
    killer bees man ya killer bees

ReputationRep:
    Thats a tough one, hornets seem to be evil buggers... but a basic hornet isn't really that bad compared to a load of suicidal bees... However those hornets you're talking about sound a lot more impressive... I think it'll come down to manuverability at the end of the day, and seeing we didn't even think bees should be able to fly untill quite recently, i recon they won't be all that sharp... hornets win.

Personally however i'd rather be up against 30 hornets than 1000 killer bees.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.