The Student Room Group

Anyone available today for computer science tutoring?

Hi,

I need help with my Java object orientated programming assignment, which is starter level. I've done the worked solutions on paper ready, however, just stuck on how to complete the code.

I am willing to travel to you, so if you live in Birmingham, Leicester, Northampton, Manchester, or within 50 miles of Birmingham, I will travel to you and pay you well.

Just PM your details,

Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Its starter level Java Object orientated programming, I would really appreciate if anyone can assist.

Thank you.
Alas I can't help in the way you require, but would state that there are tonnes and tonnes of tutorials, articles and blog posts about all and every aspect of Java. Google is your friend.

Start with a Hello World project and work from there. Computing isn't about writing out code exerts on paper. You need to dive in get your hands dirty right from the start. Try things out. If they don't work, try something different. If you ask specific questions on here you may get an answer.

Good luck!
Reply 3
Thanks ByEeek,

Specifically,

I need to know how to take two int type arguments and return no value, having a void return type. I've done everything else, an example would be appreciated by anyone.
Hey! I don't know how much help I'd be but if you want to PM me any questions, I'm more than willing to try and help. I've just finished my first semester of Java at uni (currently doing the last assignment we have). Not guaranteeing that I'll be much help but thought it's better than nothing. Of course I can't give you straight solutions if you do, but I can help guide or w.e. plus it'd probably help me as well.

Like ByEeek said, though, there is plenty of great resources online. The best way is to try it yourself as well. (:
(edited 8 years ago)
One of the best things about compsci is that you can learn it all online - in fact often it's better online! Sites like stackoverflow have many users who are willing to help beginners :smile:
i can help you over skype if you're interested. i've been programming in java for quite a long time.
Original post by CompSci89
Thanks ByEeek,

Specifically,

I need to know how to take two int type arguments and return no value, having a void return type. I've done everything else, an example would be appreciated by anyone.

Imagine you have a class called Rectangle which has two int parameters, one for x and one for y; then, a setter function which sets both values at the same time will take two int arguments and will return the type void.

EDIT

And don't ever feel like you need to pay for small pieces of advice when it comes to a project or assignment. The CS community is very well known for being helpful, especially towards beginners! (Although you will have to look a little further than TSR for such a community)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Thank you everyone for your help! Very appreciated!

If I need assistance in my subsequent assignments, I will surely contact you or the CS community on TSR.

Thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Jooooshy
Imagine you have a class called Rectangle which has two int parameters, one for x and one for y; then, a setter function which sets both values at the same time will take two int arguments and will return the type void.

EDIT

And don't ever feel like you need to pay for small pieces of advice when it comes to a project or assignment. The CS community is very well known for being helpful, especially towards beginners! (Although you will have to look a little further than TSR for such a community)

Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending