Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKIP and Robert Killroy Silk... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ...make me so mad, grrrrrrrrrrrr! I wish I could give that man a good wallop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    who are they??? just wondering :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The UK independence party, who want to withdraw from the EU, and have had an alarming number of British people voting for them, and Killroy's one of their candidates who has just been awarded a seat in European parliament. He used to be a chat show host, but got sacked because he's a racist and a biggot, and things haven't changed.

ReputationRep:
    He does my head in as well....he always says really stupid things like 'with 53 per cent of the population wanting to pull out of the EU this is a massive majority' etc....********!!!

ReputationRep:
    okay then yeah they need to be shot you cant have a racist in the EU....thats just wrong....wheres the morale???

ReputationRep:
    do you mean morality

They're just the BNP with a conscience

ReputationRep:
    I really hate kilroy too - he's such a smarmy git.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    do you mean morality

You know I was thinking about that and I am not really sure. Kilroy is racist yes but UKip I am not so sure about. They dislike the EU but they don't have any of the repatriation policies of the BNP.

I can't help likeing Kilroy. I hate what he stands for but there is just something about him as a tv personality that I like. As ashamed of it as I am. I would never vote UKip though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    do you mean morality

yes thats wot i ment!!!

and how the hell can a TV personality be part opf the BNP???? its not rite!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't agree with UKIP's policies, I don't think withdrawing from the EU would be a good idea at all for the UK, but aside from that I think it's a worrying reflection of what UKIP's true intentions are, when you see the rubbish spouting out of one of their member's mouths. He says he's not a racist, and then he goes and makes a racist comment, idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleredfrog)
    yes thats wot i ment!!!

and how the hell can a TV personality be part opf the BNP???? its not rite!!!
    he isnt a member of the BNP

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a problem with the UKIP; don't agree with their policies but they're entitled to their view and it is clear that many people in this country agree with them.

BUT I have a great dislike for that tosser Kilroy. I really liked it when he was on Have I Got News For You because Paul Merton and Ian Hislop really made him look like the arrogant, ignorant idiot that he really is.

ReputationRep:
    He's just made himself look like that all by himself on This Morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Killroy silk???Hehe they have to change his surname! He is the most irritating tanned bean i have seen in my life....... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    From what I can discern UKIP policies on Europe aren't too far removed from what some people in the Conservative Party believe in.

ReputationRep:
    Personally i disagree with a large number of UKIPs policies and i dislike Kilroy Silk, but at the same time i have to admire what they have done. They have transformed UKIP into something that people are talking about, before these european elections they were smaller than the green party and how many threads do you see devoted to them to the greens on this website?

Kilroy Silk seems to be very good at promoting an image as well, and he certainly gets his messages across alot better than alot of politicians.

However it does worry me that people in Britiain are so anti EU, is it just that they are uninformed and have gone with nationlistic tendacies or when is it that they are right and I have missed something.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    From what I can discern UKIP policies on Europe aren't too far removed from what some people in the Conservative Party believe in.
    It's not so much UKIP I have the problem with, though I never want to see them elected, but I have absolutely no respect for them if Killroy is one of their representative in European parliament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    Personally i disagree with a large number of UKIPs policies and i dislike Kilroy Silk, but at the same time i have to admire what they have done. They have transformed UKIP into something that people are talking about, before these european elections they were smaller than the green party and how many threads do you see devoted to them to the greens on this website?

Kilroy Silk seems to be very good at promoting an image as well, and he certainly gets his messages across alot better than alot of politicians.

However it does worry me that people in Britiain are so anti EU, is it just that they are uninformed and have gone with nationlistic tendacies or when is it that they are right and I have missed something.....
    thats only becoz they are flavour of the month at the moment, its a shame that the greens get so little mention. their environmental ideals are better than every other party, and you can even say its more important than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6 String)
    thats only becoz they are flavour of the month at the moment, its a shame that the greens get so little mention. their environmental ideals are better than every other party, and you can even say its more important than anything else.
    i dont think they are just the flavour of the month, they now represent us in europe and are going to have a say on your european policy, i expect that their campaign may draw funding away from the conservatives since the conservatives seem to be sitting on the fench a little with regards to europe in compasion to UKIP

and europe and our involvement will be a major issue i think in politics over the next 5 years

ReputationRep:
    Kilroy was a politician/MP for ages before he had his tv show. He's actually a very clever bloke. I think the reason he left politics was because he hated the internal politics (if that makes sense) and backstabbing that went on in order to get policies and legislation through. I don't think he's a racist - maybe a victim of political correctness though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.