University Transfer Nightmare Watch

KBradders
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I completed the first year of a course at my first university but decided to leave at the end of the year and transfer to second year elsewhere on a similar course the following academic year. There was no gap year.

However my former university told student finance that I was a withdrawn student that led to two SFE applications being cancelled before being told I needed to apply as a new student for funding at the new university.

I have been told many things by SFE and the two universities I am dealing with, with some saying I shouldn't have an overpaid grant and some saying I should. I was also not told about the possibility of the overpaid grant.

1) SFE said I should be a continuing student but because my former university classed me as a withdrawal I have to apply as a new student. The former university needs to state that I am a transfer. However my former university says they can't classify me as a transfer. This is despite transferring over my results to the new university and writing a reference! My current university also says that my former university should have classed me as a transfer.

2) My new university submitted a change of circumstances saying I did transfer into the course but the overpaid grant still stands.

3) Then Student Loans are saying I am not a transfer because I need to transfer within the same academic year to be classified as a transfer. I know friends who have been in the same situation as I but have not had to repay anything.

Has anyone else had this issue and what has been the outcome. I am at the point of literally pulling my hair out because I keep getting told different things!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Guardian Offices, Kings Cross, London Postgraduate
    Mon, 2 Sep '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.45%
Excited (166)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.43%
Terrified (389)
22.01%
Meh (184)
10.41%
Confused (39)
2.21%