Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ok, after nibbling yer attention...

I have managed to find an assessment material for Jan 2004. Check out the raw marks and the comparitive UMS on the attachment.

oh and btw, does anyone know which unit for the practical+unifying concepts is classed as?
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf ocrbiologists.pdf (70.8 KB, 514 views)

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty interesting. Which one of those is Central Concepts? As I got UMS 72 and wondered what my Raw mark was.

Are there any other ones of these to look at? Ie, for Physics/chemistry maybe?

ReputationRep:
    unit 2804 i think. 63/90 so 70%, u lost 27 marks.

ReputationRep:
    That's very surprising...aside from being cramped I thought that paper was straightforward. Very few twists IMO.
    It's growth and development that really amazes me. The January 2004 paper was by far the nicest so I don't understand why the harder paper of jan 2003 was higher at 67/90 ???

OCR just play games. They guess and hope no one notices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cipapfatso)
    That's very surprising...aside from being cramped I thought that paper was straightforward. Very few twists IMO.
    It's growth and development that really amazes me. The January 2004 paper was by far the nicest so I don't understand why the harder paper of jan 2003 was higher at 67/90 ???

OCR just play games. They guess and hope no one notices
    I remember u saying u found it quite hard and most people in yer school found it hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResidentEvil)
    I remember u saying u found it quite hard and most people in yer school found it hard?
    Nope. Said it was cramped. There were more extended answer questions than normal e.g. extra large on action potentials - took one and a half pages of lines. Usually they offer only one side.
    Because there were loads of questions I didn't have enough time to completely answer every question to its fullest (e.g. on one particular question of allopatric speciation I had time to make only 3 points and it was out of 5).

But yes, all the people I talked to after hated it, but only due to the lac operon I had revised as that so I knew what it was all about
    It was harder than some past papers as it had no genetic crosses which are usually awarded huge marks in past papers, but less tricks

ReputationRep:
    This is brilliant - just what I was looking for!
    Where did you get it from? Do you know of any of the grade boundaries for the other years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lupin Loopy)
    This is brilliant - just what I was looking for!
    Where did you get it from? Do you know of any of the grade boundaries for the other years?
    i got it from a friend who got it from another friend . I dont know the grade boundaries for any other years, but someone on UKL said the grade boundaries for 2003 January were:

January 2003:
    Central Concepts 68/90 = A
    Growth Development and Reproduction (really nice paper too) = 67/90
    Application of Genetics = 70/90 =A
    Environmental Biology = 59/90 = A !
    Microbiology = 58/72 = A !
    Mammalian Physiology and Behaviour = 64/90
    (although the reliability of this is still uncertain)

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.