Muslim. Is saying "Merry Christmas" Haram?

Watch
Poll: Do you believe that?
YES IT IS HARAM (24)
25%
NO IT IS NOT HARAM (60)
62.5%
IT IS HARAM BUT I STILL SAY IT (6)
6.25%
IT IS NOT HARAM BUT I STILL DO NOT SAY IT (6)
6.25%
eoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
LMAO !

I think it is NOT haram to say that.
but i have heard several people say it is haram. i just cracked up when they said it is haram
what next? honeymoon is haram?
Ripper Phoenix
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeah ofc even saying hello, how are you? This is all haram
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Christmas is too mainstream.

Happy Hanukkah! :borat:
username1854431
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
IMO:

No
ikhan94
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Its not haram, Islam is open to all religions and says you should respect other people for their beliefs
childofthesun
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's that time of the year again :lol:
PrincessZara
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
HAPPY EID

or is it a bit to early for that
eoe
Rep:
?

LOL
saster
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Christ is a major prophet of Islam so Muslims do not object on those grounds.

Christmas, on the other hand, is just a massive capitalist greed-fest, so should be objected to by Christians, Muslims, Jews, Marxists, atheists, environmentalists alike. Right before they open their pressies and pull their crackers.
eoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by childofthesun)
It's that time of the year again :lol:
Yes it is the time of the year where the Haram Police is extra cautious about whether someone says Merry Christmas

I said it once and ohhh it did not go well with Muslims...
ho.odo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i celebrate christmas lol not everything is haram
queen-bee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My Muslims friends tell me merry Christmas,didn't realise it was haram
fanta0904
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
no? why is this thread even a thing?
AliRizzo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why are people so stupid? You don't have to post the first thing that comes to your mind. Think about what you're going to write before you do. Also, if you have no knowledge on the subject, then piss off.

Why should it not be haram or discouraged? A Muslim wouldn't congratulate another for drinking alcohol or committing a sin. People tend to forget that Christmas is a pagan festival. Why would you congratulate someone for celebrating a festival you know is wrong or does not exist? Christmas is falsely attributed to the birth of Jesus, who Christians worship as a God/Son of God. Therefore, congratulating someone for celebrating it is against what a Muslim believes and so is haram, regardless of whether it's unkind.

If you don't agree, then fine, that's your opinion, but you're wrong.
RMNDK
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AliRizzo)
Why are people so stupid? You don't have to post the first thing that comes to your mind. Think about what you're going to write before you do. Also, if you have no knowledge on the subject, then piss off.

Why should it not be haram or discouraged? A Muslim wouldn't congratulate another for drinking alcohol or committing a sin. People tend to forget that Christmas is a pagan festival. Why would you congratulate someone for celebrating a festival you know is wrong or does not exist? Christmas is falsely attributed to the birth of Jesus, who Christians worship as a God/Son of God. Therefore, congratulating someone for celebrating it is against what a Muslim believes and so is haram, regardless of whether it's unkind.

If you don't agree, then fine, that's your opinion, but you're wrong.
I think the idea has been diluted far too much now. Excluding those who seriously treat Christmas as a religious holiday, it's all about presents, joy, snow, the festivities, food, school plays and all that jazz. Eh nothing real haram about that...
Paktriot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No wtf.
AliRizzo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RMNDK)
I think the idea has been diluted far too much now. Excluding those who seriously treat Christmas as a religious holiday, it's all about presents, joy, snow, the festivities, food, school plays and all that jazz. Eh nothing real haram about that...
You say that now like it's harmless but too many Muslims think like this and celebrate christmas. It's wrong. I regret my post because too many people will think that it's extreme but I believe it to be the truth.
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
omgosh these people

Is Jesus a prophet or nah?
Answer is yes he is
therefore we can celebrate christmas (even though technically it isn't his true birthday but we still celebrate it on that day so whatevs)
AlifunArnab
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by z33)
omgosh these people

Is Jesus a prophet or nah?
Answer is yes he is
therefore we can celebrate christmas (even though technically it isn't his true birthday but we still celebrate it on that day so whatevs)
Are you sure you consider yourself to be a Muslim?
Johann von Gauss
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Christmas is a Christian holiday

*cough* Crusades *cough*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (133)
29.82%
No (313)
70.18%

Watched Threads