MardyBumm
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey there,
I wanted to ask how did you first ever law essay go?

I just got feedback from my civil justice essay and Im really upset. I got 57 marks and I thought I did much better than that. It is 30% of my final grade. Should I be worried about that? Because 2:2 is definitely not enough ah
Frankie1120
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It all depends. I never completed A-Levels (and even those I was doing were science and maths, not essay based), instead opting to join the military. I'm currently doing a part time law degree along with many others in a similar work situation to myself. I'm quite fortunate in that my approach to law essays seem to work. My first essay scored 70 and my second 80. I'm currently waiting out on my third mark.

As I say, in my case although studying in my own time I'm taking two modules at once which equates to a full time education and I'll hopefully finish within 3 years.

On the flip side, there are plenty of people on my course who genuinely struggle. They second guess themselves, read into the questions too much and I don't think they approach the subject or essays as they should.

I really wouldn't worry with 57 as your first mark. As you progress you will learn how they like you to word things. Take note of your feedback.

If you want any advice on how I approach essays drop me a message.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise