When did University of Glasgow stop doing transfers?

Watch
antares123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I want to transfer directly into 2nd year (currently in 1st year at another uni) but after enquiring via email they replied that they do not do transfers. This is weird as I know people and seen on forums such as this where people transferred there, so is it a recent change?

The answer I received was:

"
University transfers and credit transfers Applicants studying at another university (or institution), cannot apply to the University of Glasgow and request a transfer at an advanced entry level (years 2 or 3). This rule applies irrespective of the level of performance attained by the student at the other university. Exceptions will be made to this rule if it can be proven that a student who is currently living away from home, requires to return to their home city due significant personal problems such as family or personal illness, bereavement or other extraneous circumstances. These situations will be considered on a case by case basis and documentary evidence, such as medical reports, will be required. Applicants who are currently attending another institution and wish to apply for Year 1 entry to the University of Glasgow, without completing their degree at their current university, will be required to apply through UCAS in accordance with the normal UCAS deadlines for applications. Any such application will be reviewed on the basis of entry qualifications attained prior to being admitted to their current university, and admission to Glasgow will only be granted if they meet the current year (year of admission) entry qualifications. Credits attained at the other institution will not be used as a basis of admission."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (254)
57.08%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.92%

Watched Threads